Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avengers Endgame Spoiler Thread
(05-19-2019, 02:14 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 08:38 PM)HG Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 07:56 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 05:35 AM)HG Wrote: Im excited about the MCU future.  Way back before Thor or Caps movies were released we had huge discussions about these characters.  I recall some people were so against cap getting a movie. Ya heard, "Oh thats just a character thats too old he shoudnt get a movie" Its a different era,  He is just to dull.  And Thor just wont work, it cant happen.  That was the attitude around here back then.  I would say that Marvel did alright.  As far a cap goes just the story and the way it was filmed really worked. 

So now we begin again.  Y'all saw that one shot were it was just all the remaining women right?  Remember that moment cause its coming. Spider mans new flick looks great and it seems the snap has cause a rip and opened the Multiverse.  This can give us a ton of new characters, Annihilus or Blastaar. also right here on Earth so many characters like Moon knight, or Namor.  And now with the fox characters maybe we can get a Dr. Doom done right.  

And one last thought.  Beta Ray Bill.

C'mon man.  You can call me out directly.  I'm not sensitive.  I think it's a bit unfair to take my opinion (as incorrectly as you remember) and put it on everyone else here.  Particularly since I don't remember most of the people here agreeing with me.  

My argument was that Captain America is a character that can't sell books which makes me skeptical he can sell a movie.  He couldn't sell books AFTER the movies!  They killed him, they turned him into a nazi... his recent past is just a bunch of desperation hail maries to make people care . Iron Man was a 2nd or 3rd tier Marvel character.  Thor hadn't mattered in 20 years.  I'm still impressed by how they managed Captain America's story even though Winter soldier is the most over-rated marvel movie I've seen.  Not the worst.  That was either Age of Ultron or Iron Man 2.  One of them.  Really the only two marvel movies I found to be 'awful'.  

It's easy to revise history, but when the MCU started the Avengers was a 2nd tier book that was regularly bringing in wolverine just to get people to buy it.  

It's easy to call that ridiculous NOW that Kevin Feige has proven to be a goddamn genius, but I"ll say this over and over... Feige took Marvel's B, C, and D list heroes and made them bigger than anything.  That's a reflection on the creative people behind this insane and unprecedented cinematic universe endeavor, and I'll FOREVER feel cheated that Marvel's A-listers were left out of the fun and instead get saddled with one of the worst movie studios on earth (FOX).

If you had said 20 years ago "A long running universe featuring Iron Man and Captain America will outsell a DC universe with Batman, Superman, and Wonder woman" you'd have sounded like a lunatic.  Now the movies are so much bigger than the comics ever were that they can create new characters from nothing if they want.

The whole universe basically was centered around Iron man.  That only works (IMO) with RDJ because only he could take all of Tony's awful traits (impatience, rudeness, alcoholism, elitism) and make them 'charming'.  Honestly that one casting may have been the most important thing they did.  In the comics Tony always just comes across as a selfish asshole.  RDJ was true to the character but he just didn't come across the same way.

Actually.  It wasnt you.  LOL
I guess your so vain you probably thought this post was about you.  lol
I'm literally the only guy on this site who thought the avengers would be a bust.  I'm also the guy who made the big "Captain America as a movie will suck" posts that you argued with.  That's just facts, and they're not flattering facts that boost my ego buddy.  

You're applying my (wrong)  opinion to 'everyone' on this site, I call that unfair (to others) and your impression is that's a kind of vanity?

What?

I admit I was probably the only guy here who was wrong.  Which is true.  I'm 'vain'?

You (incorrectly) think EVERYONE here, except you, thought it would fail and that's what?  Not vain?

Someone is being vain.  Is it the guy saying everyone was wrong and he was right, or the guy saying everyone was right and he was wrong?

Hey, hey, hey now. I know I said I wanted more posting, but not this kind. Jeez. I'll take silence over this yelling and arguing. I can get that at home.
(05-19-2019, 01:18 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 02:14 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 08:38 PM)HG Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 07:56 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 05:35 AM)HG Wrote: Im excited about the MCU future.  Way back before Thor or Caps movies were released we had huge discussions about these characters.  I recall some people were so against cap getting a movie. Ya heard, "Oh thats just a character thats too old he shoudnt get a movie" Its a different era,  He is just to dull.  And Thor just wont work, it cant happen.  That was the attitude around here back then.  I would say that Marvel did alright.  As far a cap goes just the story and the way it was filmed really worked. 

So now we begin again.  Y'all saw that one shot were it was just all the remaining women right?  Remember that moment cause its coming. Spider mans new flick looks great and it seems the snap has cause a rip and opened the Multiverse.  This can give us a ton of new characters, Annihilus or Blastaar. also right here on Earth so many characters like Moon knight, or Namor.  And now with the fox characters maybe we can get a Dr. Doom done right.  

And one last thought.  Beta Ray Bill.

C'mon man.  You can call me out directly.  I'm not sensitive.  I think it's a bit unfair to take my opinion (as incorrectly as you remember) and put it on everyone else here.  Particularly since I don't remember most of the people here agreeing with me.  

My argument was that Captain America is a character that can't sell books which makes me skeptical he can sell a movie.  He couldn't sell books AFTER the movies!  They killed him, they turned him into a nazi... his recent past is just a bunch of desperation hail maries to make people care . Iron Man was a 2nd or 3rd tier Marvel character.  Thor hadn't mattered in 20 years.  I'm still impressed by how they managed Captain America's story even though Winter soldier is the most over-rated marvel movie I've seen.  Not the worst.  That was either Age of Ultron or Iron Man 2.  One of them.  Really the only two marvel movies I found to be 'awful'.  

It's easy to revise history, but when the MCU started the Avengers was a 2nd tier book that was regularly bringing in wolverine just to get people to buy it.  

It's easy to call that ridiculous NOW that Kevin Feige has proven to be a goddamn genius, but I"ll say this over and over... Feige took Marvel's B, C, and D list heroes and made them bigger than anything.  That's a reflection on the creative people behind this insane and unprecedented cinematic universe endeavor, and I'll FOREVER feel cheated that Marvel's A-listers were left out of the fun and instead get saddled with one of the worst movie studios on earth (FOX).

If you had said 20 years ago "A long running universe featuring Iron Man and Captain America will outsell a DC universe with Batman, Superman, and Wonder woman" you'd have sounded like a lunatic.  Now the movies are so much bigger than the comics ever were that they can create new characters from nothing if they want.

The whole universe basically was centered around Iron man.  That only works (IMO) with RDJ because only he could take all of Tony's awful traits (impatience, rudeness, alcoholism, elitism) and make them 'charming'.  Honestly that one casting may have been the most important thing they did.  In the comics Tony always just comes across as a selfish asshole.  RDJ was true to the character but he just didn't come across the same way.

Actually.  It wasnt you.  LOL
I guess your so vain you probably thought this post was about you.  lol
I'm literally the only guy on this site who thought the avengers would be a bust.  I'm also the guy who made the big "Captain America as a movie will suck" posts that you argued with.  That's just facts, and they're not flattering facts that boost my ego buddy.  

You're applying my (wrong)  opinion to 'everyone' on this site, I call that unfair (to others) and your impression is that's a kind of vanity?

What?

I admit I was probably the only guy here who was wrong.  Which is true.  I'm 'vain'?

You (incorrectly) think EVERYONE here, except you, thought it would fail and that's what?  Not vain?

Someone is being vain.  Is it the guy saying everyone was wrong and he was right, or the guy saying everyone was right and he was wrong?

Hey, hey, hey now. I know I said I wanted more posting, but not this kind. Jeez. I'll take silence over this yelling and arguing. I can get that at home.

The offseason is no one's friend.
methinks Carly Simon is not in Jonas' 12-CD changer.