Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs 2019 Draft

(04-28-2019, 08:12 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(04-28-2019, 07:42 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  Looking at some plays Thompson looks a lot like Kareem Hunt.  Smaller though.

Breaks tackles, Good burst but not great top end speed.   Excellent balance that allows him to stay on his feet when it doesn't look like he should be able to at all.  Like Hunt the most impressive thing about him is how he breaks tackles in the backfield.  I've always thought that translates well into the NFL.

Yeah, Andy can work with that.  I wish he was bigger though.  

Take my word for it.  I'm pretty much never wrong about running backs.  The last time I missed was Reggie Bush.  I thought he'd be a better version of Marshall Faulk.  I STILL think he should have been and it's not like he was a total bust.  He had a nice little career, but a bit more eric metcalf than Marshall Faulk.

Reggie Bush was better than you or most people remember.  He was hot and cold. but he was also superhuman.  As you said, he should have been bigger.  There was too much going on in the Saints offense for him to get the spotlight, and no one else utilized him right before injury derailed his career.

But the divisional round of the 2010 playoffs (2009 season) he destroyed the Cardinals.  It was incredible.

Reggie has one or two amazing playoff moments.  

I think you're underestimating how dynamic a guy like Metcalf was.  The big difference was Reggie became a pretty consistent rusher later in his career.  Metcalf never did and ended up playing WR at a pretty darn high level.  Both great return men.   I'm not underestimating how good Bush was.   I understand how good I THOUGHT he was going to be.  My expectations were... unfair.   Reggie had a solid career and has nothing to be ashamed of.

When reading about DK Metcalf I found out that pretty much all pro athletes named Metcalf are related.  XD

(04-29-2019, 12:34 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Sounds like our recent draft picks have no significant injury history.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/4/29...ical-notes

EDIT:

Also, the Jets were apparently trying to trade up for Hardman.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/...e-hardman/

Yeah dude, but Hardman used the word 'gay' in a derogatory way when he was 14, so he's basically worse than Tyreek Hill.  It's just a matter of time before he ties a gay man to his car and takes him for a drag.

Note:  This sarcastic tcoment is something some people ACTUALLY BELIEVE

(04-28-2019, 07:42 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  Looking at some plays Thompson looks a lot like Kareem Hunt.  Smaller though.

Breaks tackles, Good burst but not great top end speed.   Excellent balance that allows him to stay on his feet when it doesn't look like he should be able to at all.  Like Hunt the most impressive thing about him is how he breaks tackles in the backfield.  I've always thought that translates well into the NFL.

Take my word for it.  I'm pretty much never wrong about running backs.  The last time I missed was Reggie Bush.  I thought he'd be a better version of Marshall Faulk.  I STILL think he should have been and it's not like he was a total bust.  He had a nice little career, but a bit more eric metcalf than Marshall Faulk.

Reggie Bush was better than you or most people remember.  He was hot and cold. but he was also superhuman.  As you said, he should have been bigger.  There was too much going on in the Saints offense for him to get the spotlight, and no one else utilized him right before injury derailed his career.

But the divisional round of the 2010 playoffs (2009 season) he destroyed the Cardinals.  It was incredible.
Heh.  The best move I ever saw for Reggie Bush was mine.  Fantasy football draft,  I picked right before NOLA in the 2nd round.  I too Reggie just to mess with him.  LOL.  Even better, that was the year I won.  Beat NOLA by 1 point.  Heh.  Sorry guy.  This just brought back that memory.  lol

[Image: HG.gif]

(05-01-2019, 08:21 AM)HG Wrote:  

Heh.  The best move I ever saw for Reggie Bush was mine.  Fantasy football draft,  I picked right before NOLA in the 2nd round.  I too Reggie just to mess with him.  LOL.  Even better, that was the year I won.  Beat NOLA by 1 point.  Heh.  Sorry guy.  This just brought back that memory.  lol

I have no memory of any of this. I believe I'm younger than you.

Damn.

Think we signed everyone but thornhill and Saunders.