Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

AAF: Alliance of American Football

I watched a couple of the AAF games this opening weekend. Not terrible. They weren't especially competitive games, but they looked like real football even if a little more like a college game without the pageantry. Better than nothing this time of year.

I don't really have a favored team yet. Here's an article listing all of the former Chiefs in the league though:
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/2/11...re-to-stay

I think the league has a chance to make it as sort of an NFL D-League. They've got some NFL backing. Anyone else watching this?

I watched part of a game on Saturday. The qb play was definitely 4th string level. And the o line wasn't much better. Which is really the point of these leagues anyway but it was kind of brutal. The game I watched there weren't a lot of flags even though it wasn't very good play so it was kind of refreshing.

(02-11-2019, 01:29 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  I watched part of a game on Saturday. The qb play was definitely 4th string level. And the o line wasn't much better. Which is really the point of these leagues anyway but it was kind of brutal. The game I watched there weren't a lot of flags even though it wasn't very good play so it was kind of refreshing.

It was ok to watch. I accepted that it was going to be a D-league type of play and it lived up to that!

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(02-11-2019, 01:29 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  I watched part of a game on Saturday. The qb play was definitely 4th string level. And the o line wasn't much better. Which is really the point of these leagues anyway but it was kind of brutal. The game I watched there weren't a lot of flags even though it wasn't very good play so it was kind of refreshing.

I watched Sunday's games. The Salt Lake City vs. Arizona game was probably the best all weekend. 

Pretty well agree about the general level of play and  the positive that the officials were hands off. Still it was watchable and should get better.

(02-11-2019, 01:42 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  

I watched Sunday's games. The Salt Lake City vs. Arizona game was probably the best all weekend. 

Pretty well agree about the general level of play and  the positive that the officials were hands off. Still it was watchable and should get better.

I agree it was watchable. I hope they start signing kids who aren't eligible for the nfl and give them a different path instead of college. Maybe the xfl will. I hate college football.

I watched a clip of the Fleet QB getting blowed up. Loved it.. It is sad that gets a flag in thw NoFunLeague

(02-11-2019, 03:30 PM)chiefsfaninky Wrote:  I watched a clip of the Fleet QB getting blowed up. Loved it..  It is sad that gets a flag in thw NoFunLeague

After watching Brady get barely touched by Chris Jones for a 15 yard penalty... yeah.

I'm not bitter at all. Dodgy

I was going to watch it, but once I saw the 5 man rush limitation I was already bored with it.

They suspended operations. Cited a need to have nflpa on board to allow players signed on practice squads and futures contracts as a reason they were struggling.

(04-02-2019, 12:07 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  They suspended operations. Cited a need to have nflpa on board to allow players signed on practice squads and futures contracts as a reason they were struggling.

I'm one of the rare souls still sporadically watching. I think that they're right that getting those players would draw more NFL fanbase eyes and would have helped. However, adding Johnny Manziel didn't add any eyes really, so who knows if it would have made a dent.

The NFL should want the AAF to continue to compete against the XFL next year. I doubt they'll provide the necessary support to make it happen though.

I think the best scenario for fans is if some of the AAF merges and consolidates into the XFL. Then again, I haven't looked at the XFL's proposed setup.