Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Chiefs team Andy Reid has waiting for

Very good article on the Ringer.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/1/17/...fs-feature

He ruined it.  Andy clock management strikes again.  All he had to do was kill a little time.  Instead KC throws downfield and gives Tom Fucking Brady 2:03 and all 3 timeouts to score a touchdown.

I just don't understand why this is so fucking hard for him.  Belichick will be down 4 with three time-outs and he'll try and get to the 50 with 1 minute left and all of his timeouts.  There's a goddamn reason he does that Andy.

Internet rage!   Angry

(01-20-2019, 10:30 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  He ruined it.  Andy clock management strikes again.  All he had to do was kill a little time.  Instead KC throws downfield and gives Tom Fucking Brady 2:03 and all 3 timeouts to score a touchdown.

I just don't understand why this is so fucking hard for him.  Belichick will be down 4 with three time-outs and he'll try and get to the 50 with 1 minute left and all of his timeouts.  There's a goddamn reason he does that Andy.

Internet rage!   Angry

I don't agree. You are just buying into the narrative. We are a big play offense with a big play QB. We hit the big play. He ran it down and then ran the ball. If the pats stop williams we got the 2 minute warning.

(01-20-2019, 10:36 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(01-20-2019, 10:30 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  He ruined it.  Andy clock management strikes again.  All he had to do was kill a little time.  Instead KC throws downfield and gives Tom Fucking Brady 2:03 and all 3 timeouts to score a touchdown.

Internet rage!   Angry

I don't agree. You are just buying into the narrative. We are a big play offense with a big play QB. We hit the big play. He ran it down and then ran the ball. If the pats stop williams we got the 2 minute warning.

I'm 'buying into' what narrative?  That leaving Brady 2:03 and 3 timeouts is a terrible mistake by KC's offensive staff and team?

Yes, I'm 'buying' that.  Belichick doesn't do that.  It's why he's going to ANOTHER Superbowl with a far inferior team talent-wise.

Internet rage!   Angry

I disagree.

The Chiefs had:

3rd and 9,
3rd and 9 again, and
3rd and 10.

And they couldn't get off the field in OT.

That's on Sutton and the defense.

(01-20-2019, 10:46 PM)Coach Wrote:  

Internet rage!   Angry

I disagree.

The Chiefs had:

3rd and 9,
3rd and 9 again, and
3rd and 10.

Two things are true at the same time.  

What Sutton failed to do defensively has nothing to do with Reid's mistake in giving the best QB of all time 2 minutes and 3 timeouts to work against a defense that has been terrible ALL SEASON.

(01-20-2019, 10:43 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  

Internet rage!   Angry

I'm 'buying into' what narrative?  That leaving Brady 2:03 and 3 timeouts is a terrible mistake by KC's offensive staff and team?

Yes, I'm 'buying' that.  Belichick doesn't do that.  It's why he's going to ANOTHER Superbowl with a far inferior team talent-wise.

You are buying into the negative that reid always mismanages the clock. What were we supposed to do? Not throw the ball with mahomes? Tell him he can only throw 5 yard routes? Give me a fucking break. 

Are you yelling at belichek too because he gave us the ball back with 39 seconds and a timeout and we went down and tied it up and had at least a shot at winning? Oh you're not because of course belichek wouldn't mess anything up.

(01-20-2019, 10:50 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(01-20-2019, 10:46 PM)Coach Wrote:  

Internet rage!    

I disagree.

The Chiefs had:

3rd and 9,
3rd and 9 again, and
3rd and 10.

Two things are true at the same time.  

What Sutton failed to do defensively has nothing to do with Reid's mistake in giving the best QB of all time 2 minutes and 3 timeouts to work against a defense that has been terrible ALL SEASON.

Well, then if Dee Ford decided not to go all Bird Box on us, the game was over, and we wouldn't be having this conversation about Reid's clock management.

The defense only had one job, and that was to keep NE out of the endzone.  Twice.  One in the regulation.  And the other in OT.

They failed.

(01-20-2019, 10:51 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(01-20-2019, 10:43 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  

Internet rage!   Angry

You are buying into the negative that reid always mismanages the clock. What were we supposed to do? Not throw the ball with mahomes? Tell him he can only throw 5 yard routes? Give me a fucking break. 

Are you yelling at belichek too because he gave us the ball back with 39 seconds and a timeout and we went down and tied it up and had at least a shot at winning? Oh you're not because of course belichek wouldn't mess anything up.

Call a run play or two when you're at the 50 yard line with 3:00 left?  Not panic and bomb it down the field every play like there's 20 seconds left in the game?  That wasn't just Mahomes.  It was how it was being called.  

It's a TON of time.  The clock isn't the enemy.  

Belichick coached CIRCLES around Andy Reid in this game.   Especially in the first half.  Mahomes just wasn't enough to overcome it.  He sure IS special though.

I think you just bitch cause you enjoy it.

[Image: HG.gif]