Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Chiefs team Andy Reid has waiting for

Another day and Sutton is still here. Why?

I will be more upset if he stays than I was over the loss. I am so tired of kc getting so close and failing because they can make a simple decision.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

Okay. So he's fired. Who are we replacing him with? Who stands out as an upgrade? I don't think theres a lot of upgrades out there but I also dont know much about coaches. I mean reid usually just brings next man up but that's obviously not the play here.

Maybe I'm just playing devils advocate but are we sure we are gonna get better without him?

Could we get worse?

(01-22-2019, 02:57 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  Could we get worse?

Weren't we 30th or 31st? So yes. We could also lose our pass rush. We were tied for 1st there I think. So yeah. But probably not much.

(01-22-2019, 03:00 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(01-22-2019, 02:57 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  Could we get worse?

Weren't we 30th or 31st? So yes. We could also lose our pass rush. We were tied for 1st there I think. So yeah. But probably not much.

Thing is our pass rush was due in part to the offense putting up so many points. it allowed Ford, jones, and Houston to just rush the qb. That doesn't really strike me as a scheming aspect.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

The pass rush isn't the issue.  When the QB get rid of the ball in less than 2.5 seconds, the rush is never going to get there.  The issue was the scheme, and poor ILB play.  The ILB's were not aggressive enough to hit their gaps.  They waited for the play to come to them instead of attacking towards the guy.  Coverages were poor too as they got beat badly on the flats and in the middle.

That's why we see so many times Hitchens (and Ragland) getting washed out in the 2nd level and/or slow to get over to the flats, and always hesitate.

I always say, "If you hesitate, you just lost."

Its probably gonna be Mike Smith. But if they go out of the organization then Rex Ryan

[Image: HG.gif]

(01-23-2019, 08:27 AM)HG Wrote:  Its probably gonna be Mike Smith.  But if they go out of the organization then Rex Ryan

Out of every name I've seen mentioned so far (who is actually available), Ryan is the best name.  Bummer.

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend Mike Smith.  The Bucs didn't exactly set the world on fire (in a good way) the past few years.  You know he's only "in the organization" because he got fired in October, right?

Spags has emerged as front-runner. I am not thrilled.

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/...0287444994

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/...4310290435