Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs 2018 AFC Championship Game Chiefs vs. Patriots
So with the weather reports, I'm very curious to hear from our resident tailgaters. How was last weekend? What are your plans for this weekend?
It heard it was so cold that a couple of HG's fingers fell off.
(01-15-2019, 12:47 PM)DallasChief Wrote: It heard it was so cold that a couple of HG's fingers fell off.

Too soon, bro.
Ron parker has been released to clear room for the Dr. to return to our active roster. Maybe berry will be able to play this week?
(01-15-2019, 01:30 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: Ron parker has been released to clear room for the Dr. to return to our active roster. Maybe berry will be able to play this week?

I hadn't thought of it from that angle. Real possibility.
(01-15-2019, 12:37 PM)NOLA Wrote: So with the weather reports, I'm very curious to hear from our resident tailgaters.  How was last weekend?  What are your plans for this weekend?

If my hands and feet didn't get wet it wouldn't have been bad at all. Then again I'm used to working outside year round, not everyone handles 32 degree weather the same, but most people don't react well to 10 degrees and below.

I plan on doing pretty well the same as last week only using my Milwaukee 12V heated jacket for the first time this year. Also just bought some heated socks to copy HG's wife. Call me a wimp all you want, I'll be a warm wimp.

Last time I left Friday in the middle of the work day to beat the weather. May have to do the same, right now most forecasts are starting the snow Friday afternoon. Either that or wait and leave after it's done snowing.
(01-15-2019, 02:17 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 12:37 PM)NOLA Wrote: So with the weather reports, I'm very curious to hear from our resident tailgaters.  How was last weekend?  What are your plans for this weekend?

If my hands and feet didn't get wet it wouldn't have been bad at all. Then again I'm used to working outside year round, not everyone handles 32 degree weather the same, but most people don't react well to 10 degrees and below.

I plan on doing pretty well the same as last week only using my Milwaukee 12V heated jacket for the first time this year. Also just bought some heated socks to copy HG's wife. Call me a wimp all you want, I'll be a warm wimp.

Last time I left Friday in the middle of the work day to beat the weather. May have to do the same, right now most forecasts are starting the snow Friday afternoon. Either that or wait and leave after it's done snowing.

Dude, I live in South Louisiana.  I am for sure not going to call you a wimp.  Quite the opposite: you have my respect, all of you, for doing your duty as fans this weekend against conditions that would make me seriously question my resolve.

Did you guys tailgate ahead of time?  Were there tents?  Heaters?
(01-14-2019, 07:46 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 02:19 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: Realization is starting to hit me that this is really happening and it's happening soon. This may be the single most important game in the AFC for years to come, the passing of the baton from Brady to Mahomes. This may be the "Where were you when..." moment for Chiefs fans, and not just for this season, but maybe for a lifetime.

I don't know how I'm going to function this whole week at work.

This should just be a religious holiday week for Chiefs fans.

You mean it isnt?
[Image: HG.gif]
Yes we tailgated the whole time before we headed in. Snow was coming down but our little heater kicked some as and AKB worked his ass off helping. I really wasn't worth a crap since I hurt my back. But I did aggravate it on the tear down. The big thing was the temps. They were not bad 31 , 32 degrees so temps were no problem. The strategy for this week since the high for the day is expected to be 1 to 3 degrees is this.

We will be in line, we will arrive at normal times, we will not be tailgating. We will be taking shifts being in line for the Draft room. Last year it was 3 degrees and I ended up in the hospital a day later . Not again. I not a pussy. But I just can do it anymore. Nor do I wish to loose any more fingers. Nor do I wish to suffer the same fate as DC when his dick apparently seemed to have either fallen off or he suffers from extreme frightened turtle syndrome
[Image: HG.gif]
LOL