Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Offseason Thread - Other NFL teams
(02-11-2019, 02:56 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(02-11-2019, 02:12 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: Kareem Hunt signed with the browns.

That's... odd, right?  Didn't the Browns just uncrowd their backfield for Chubb?  And wouldn't Hunt want to go someplace without an incumbent starter/workhorse?

Yeah, that's one angle that's odd.

Another is that although the Browns should be in contention for a division title, they have a ton of cap space, removing one of the main reasons to take a chance on a troubled player for cheap.
(02-11-2019, 03:01 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:

That's... odd, right?  Didn't the Browns just uncrowd their backfield for Chubb?  And wouldn't Hunt want to go someplace without an incumbent starter/workhorse?

Another is that although the Browns should be in contention for a division title, they have a ton of cap space, removing one of the main reasons to take a chance on a troubled player for cheap.

I agree it's odd because of chubb but they are expecting a lengthy suspension im sure and this deal makes hunt a restricted free agent after this year so his trade value can rebound if chubb plays well again. And I had read that the ravens could be interested in hunt so maybe the browns were just keeping him from going to a rival.
(02-11-2019, 03:18 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:
(02-11-2019, 03:01 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:

I agree it's odd because of chubb but they are expecting a lengthy suspension im sure and this deal makes hunt a restricted free agent after this year so his trade value can rebound if chubb plays well again. And I had read that the ravens could be interested in hunt so maybe the browns were just keeping him from going to a rival.

The Ravens are the last team in the world I'd expect to take that risk.

*Cough* Ray Rice *cough*

Exacrly what I thought...guess a two back tandem can work. It does ok for the Saints.
(02-11-2019, 03:37 PM)chiefsfaninky Wrote:

Exacrly what I thought...guess a two back tandem can work. It does ok for the Saints.

Sure, I was just surprised.  The Bears rumor made a bit more since to me since their RB committee is pretty inconsistent (which, to be fair, can be said about their QB play as well).
(02-11-2019, 03:46 PM)NOLA Wrote:

Sure, I was just surprised.  The Bears rumor made a bit more since to me since their RB committee is pretty inconsistent (which, to be fair, can be said about their QB play as well).

Two other things too... IIRC, he is from the Cleveland area, and he was drafted by Dorsey..
(02-11-2019, 03:56 PM)chiefsfaninky Wrote:

Two other things too... IIRC, he is from the Cleveland area, and he was drafted by Dorsey..

The Dorsey thing I knew about... forgot about the Cleveland correction, but I think you're right.  That... also may not be best for him?  Didn't he get in trouble there, too?
(02-11-2019, 04:01 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(02-11-2019, 03:56 PM)chiefsfaninky Wrote:
(02-11-2019, 02:56 PM)NOLA Wrote: That's... odd, right?  Didn't the Browns just uncrowd their backfield for Chubb?  And wouldn't Hunt want to go someplace without an incumbent starter/workhorse?

The Dorsey thing I knew about... forgot about the Cleveland correction, but I think you're right.  That... also may not be best for him?  Didn't he get in trouble there, too?

2 of the 3 incidents we know of last year were in Ohio.

EDIT: Also, as your suggesting, supposedly he had an incident in college as well that caused some teams to take him off their boards, but we don't know anything about it.
Man, I feel if he had just come clean from the get-go, that he'd still be a Chief. Yeah, we still might have not had him in the post-season, depending on Godell, but I could have seen the Chiefs not releasing him. Can't blame the organization at all, for letting him go, given the circumstances, but the kid had/and likely still does, a good thing going.
If there is any NFL city where a guy can rehab his image and keep his nose clean, its Cleveland. And if you don't believe me, just ask Josh Gordon.