Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2019 Offseason Thread - Other NFL teams

Apparently the Giants have had all kinds of issues at WR this preseason; a 4 game PED suspension for Golden Tate, a fractured thumb for Sterling Sheperd, a torn ACL for Corey Coleman, and rookie Darius Slayton having hamstring issues. They're signing JAGs off the street and giving them significant practice time right away. Only a couple of these problems likely will last past the first month of the season, but "DAMN!" still.

We have a ton of receiving talent, so there's already been some Twitter rumors about possibly trading Demarcus Robinson to the G-Men since Dieter, Kemp, and Pringle have been stealing a ton of reps from him. I have no idea if there's anything to these rumors at all, though I have little doubt the Giants will be looking under every rock for some relief.

I'm against trading any talent unless the return is significant. I want the best options for God Emperor Mahomes come the real season, and we could always have a rash of injuries ourselves. As the season gets closer and you're a little more confident about who is making the roster and the difference in quality / skillset, then maybe you can make a move for less return.

EDIT: Thought I'd add other Twitter threads are talking about a player for player Watkins trade for CB Janoris Jenkins. This is stupid.

We'd get the worse end of this monetarily all to take away one of our most important pieces for manipulating defenses. We'd carry $7M in dead cap this year and again in 2020 while taking on $11M this year and $10M next for Jenkins. I like Jenkins, but he'd be overpaid and less important to us than Sammy. Also doesn't fit Veach's modus operandi as we'd be trading a young talent (Watkins is 26) for an aging veteran (Jenkins is 30).

Gotta remember who the real GOAT is:

Get used to it.

Watching Gruden slowly lose his mind, I'm thinking Peterman will be the starter by the end of the season. 

He'll trade Carr for a 2025 first and fourth rounder.

Also, that joke is STALE AS FUCK at this point, but it's renewed in humor since Gruden just loves the guy.

Also never forget Buffalo could have had Mahomes.  They were itching to start Peterman that season and it's not because Taylor was trash.  IT"s because they actually thought he was a top talent they could get with a budget pick.  Why waste a first on Mahomes or Watson?

Ahhhh Buffalo.  Could have Mahomes.  Right now.  Bwwwwaaaaaahahahaha!

Have any of you been paying attention to the Antonio brown shit? Dude is crazy. Froze his feet doing cryotherapy incorrectly and is throwing a fit over having to switch helmets. He's going to arbitration about it and has supposedly told some in the raiders organization that he wont play if he doesn't get to use his helmet. And also repainted the old one to try to fool the raiders into thinking he was complying. Of course I'm not sure when he did that because he's only practiced once and has largely been ignoring meetings even when he's there. Jesus.

(08-09-2019, 03:45 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Have any of you been paying attention to the Antonio brown shit? Dude is crazy. Froze his feet doing cryotherapy incorrectly and is throwing a fit over having to switch helmets. He's going to arbitration about it and has supposedly told some in the raiders organization that he wont play if he doesn't get to use his helmet. And also repainted the old one to try to fool the raiders into thinking he was complying. Of course I'm not sure when he did that because he's only practiced once and has largely been ignoring meetings even when he's there. Jesus.

Really excited for next week's episode of Hard Knocks.

(08-09-2019, 03:45 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Have any of you been paying attention to the Antonio brown shit? Dude is crazy. Froze his feet doing cryotherapy incorrectly and is throwing a fit over having to switch helmets. He's going to arbitration about it and has supposedly told some in the raiders organization that he wont play if he doesn't get to use his helmet. And also repainted the old one to try to fool the raiders into thinking he was complying. Of course I'm not sure when he did that because he's only practiced once and has largely been ignoring meetings even when he's there. Jesus.

I think I speak for everyone here when I collapse to the ground in laughter.

No franchise deserves this more.

[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]

Who could have guessed that Antonio Brown had a diva side to him. He hides it so well. Big Grin