Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2019 Offseason Thread - Other NFL teams

(04-29-2019, 07:38 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Apparently the great and all knowing mel kiper has predicted the raiders will win the AFC west.

Yep, just like last year.  Hey, if you say it enough you are bound to be right sooner or later.  They did it with the Cowboys for years until they were right about them.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

25 year old RB Duke Johnson Jr. might be available because he's mad the Browns tried to trade him. Also, he's buried on their depth chart behind Chubb and some other asshole.

He's only on year 1 (lol) of a 3 year deal that might be a little overpriced (3 year $15M, classic Dorsey overpay), but the Browns would have to eat some of that.

I really like Duke's skillset and how he would fit in an Andy Reid offense as a receiving back, but there are more pressing issues to be dealt with. Still, there is little doubt I find him preferable to Hyde and controlling him for 3 years would be super. Just has to be at a reasonable trade compensation.

(06-05-2019, 06:42 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  25 year old RB Duke Johnson Jr. might be available because he's mad the Browns tried to trade him. Also, he's buried on their depth chart behind Chubb and some other asshole.

He's only on year 1 (lol) of a 3 year deal that might be a little overpriced (3 year $15M, classic Dorsey overpay), but the Browns would have to eat some of that.

I really like Duke's skillset and how he would fit in an Andy Reid offense as a receiving back, but there are more pressing issues to be dealt with. Still, there is little doubt I find him preferable to Hyde and controlling him for 3 years would be super. Just has to be at a reasonable trade compensation.

Other than the potential malcontent/asshole streak, I like this idea.  Or at least, I like his potential.

(06-05-2019, 06:42 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  25 year old RB Duke Johnson Jr. might be available because he's mad the Browns tried to trade him. Also, he's buried on their depth chart behind Chubb and some other asshole.

Isn't he mad that they WON'T trade him? I thought he was upset and demanded a trade because they signed hunt to go with chubb which would make it hard for him to get playing time.

(06-05-2019, 10:57 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  

Isn't he mad that they WON'T trade him? I thought he was upset and demanded a trade because they signed hunt to go with chubb which would make it hard for him to get playing time.

As I heard it initially they tried to trade him around the time they acquired Hunt, Duke heard about it, and since then he's demanding they trade him. It's a small but important distinction that the Browns initiated the issues.

Eagles give Carson Wentz a 4 year, $128M, $107M guaranteed contract.

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2019/...son-wentz/

This is despite consistent injury problems so far for Wentz.

This clearly has to have some impact on a future Mahomes contract. It seems that guaranteed money is the biggest issue, and I'm fine with that. We're going to live and die with Mahomes anyway.

(06-07-2019, 10:33 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Eagles give Carson Wentz a 4 year, $128M, $107M guaranteed contract.

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2019/...son-wentz/

This is despite consistent injury problems so far for Wentz.

This clearly has to have some impact on a future Mahomes contract. It seems that guaranteed money is the biggest issue, and I'm fine with that. We're going to live and die with Mahomes anyway.

Everyone knows he's gonna be the first $200M contract in NFL history, a huge chunk of which will be guaranteed.

Gruden's Raiders are gonna be on Hard Knocks. I'ma watch the shit out of that trainwreck.

(06-12-2019, 02:14 PM)NOLA Wrote:  Gruden's Raiders are gonna be on Hard Knocks.  I'ma watch the shit out of that trainwreck.

This headline accurately reflects my enthusiasm:

"Oh My God, Jon Gruden Will Be on 'Hard Knocks'"

Let me know how ridiculous it is. I've never watched one. Not sure if I've ever even watched a clip of it.