Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NFL 2018 Playoffs: Divisional Round (everybody else)

(01-13-2019, 10:31 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(01-13-2019, 10:11 AM)NOLA Wrote:  Halfway through a perfect football weekend.  Going to the late game.  Very excited.  

Also Saints fans want no part of the Chiefs.  Learned that yesterday.

If it's THAT Chiefs team with THAT defense, nobody wants to face them.

I'm sure the weather will be better for you in the dome, but you should probably get super inebriated just to stave off the bite of winter. I'll be rooting for ya!

Thanks man.

I was thinking about you guys dealing with the weather yesterday and how NFL fans like to make fun of Dome teams, but... worth it.  Super worth it.  I'll still drink the booze, though.  Who dat!

(01-13-2019, 10:33 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(01-13-2019, 10:31 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(01-13-2019, 10:11 AM)NOLA Wrote:  Halfway through a perfect football weekend.  Going to the late game.  Very excited.  

Also Saints fans want no part of the Chiefs.  Learned that yesterday.

If it's THAT Chiefs team with THAT defense, nobody wants to face them.

I'm sure the weather will be better for you in the dome, but you should probably get super inebriated just to stave off the bite of winter. I'll be rooting for ya!

Thanks man.

I was thinking about you guys dealing with the weather yesterday and how NFL fans like to make fun of Dome teams, but... worth it.  Super worth it.  I'll still drink the booze, though.  Who dat!

I make fun of dome teams, Colts yesterday being a prime example as to why. I sure as hell don't make fun of dome fans though. I'd take a dome in a heartbeat! Big Grin

So the pats look pretty good.

Yeah, the Chargers are done.

Good gawd, the Chargers are getting smoked and Phyllis is just having hissy fit after hissy fit.

I'll admit, I wanted them in the championship game because I wanted the Chiefs to be the ones to make them cry, but hey, it'll be great to beat the Pats too.

[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]

So my buddy has predicted every game of the playoffs so far. Hes 0-7. And has the saints. And they are down 14.

(01-13-2019, 05:11 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  So my buddy has predicted every game of the playoffs so far. Hes 0-7. And has the saints. And they are down 14.

not anymore

[Image: HG.gif]

It's like a storybook guys.  

The playoff demons, represented by the Colts for OBVIOUS reasons, have been exorcised.  That's over.

Now it's about dethroning the Evil Empire.

Anyway, the top 4 offenses all had byes and all won their playoff games.  

Interesting.

(01-13-2019, 08:18 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  It's like a storybook guys.  

The playoff demons, represented by the Colts for OBVIOUS reasons, have been exorcised.  That's over.

Now it's about dethroning the Evil Empire.

Anyway, the top 4 offenses all had byes and all won their playoff games.  

Interesting.

It's starting to feel like the Royals story to me. The only problem with that scenario being they didn't win the World Series in '14, had to wait another year.

It's not a perfect allegory anyway. The Royals weren't building a decade plus dynasty! Big Grin

I had a stressful afternoon, but came away from that game even more convinced that the Saints are very, very good. That 13-minute, 115-yard (!) drive is classic Payton/Brees. They will win however they have to.