Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs 2018 Playoffs: Chiefs vs Colts
(01-08-2019, 01:13 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 10:51 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 10:02 AM)asskickingboots Wrote: It took me a while to realize this, but this may be a preview of the premiere matchup of the AFC for the next 5+ years.

Earlier in the season many of us were pointing out QBs like Brady, Rivers, and Big Ben are nearing the end of great careers. We talked about Mahomes and Watson being a possible rivalry especially considering their entwined history. What if the AFC is ran by Mahomes, Luck, and Mayfield for the better part of a decade?

This game obviously means a lot for Chiefs history. It may mean even more for our future.

Luck's older than the rest, so he might not be a part of it very long. But hey, I thought Rivers and Brady both would have their feet up on the beach by now.

Don't forget Watson.

He didnt... ??

To be fair I did deliberately not list him with those 3 because I am not as impressed with him because of his great supporting cast. 

I probably should include Watson, he's got a higher QB Rating than Mayfield or even Luck.
Cautiously optimistic, but not confident.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
Watkins, berry and ware all limited in practice.
I don't believe in this stuff. But it CAN'T HURT.

https://youtu.be/4rlW6tm2SaI
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(01-08-2019, 08:43 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:

I just love all of the small details in these.

Some of our lockers in the background are "Reserved for a Defense if we get one". Harsh. Mahomes has ketchup in his locker, Kelce has a "Catching Kelce" poster, Hill has a cheetah print jacket, Andrew Luck on the monitor behind Tom Brady is captioned "I guess I'm coming for you all, lol", Andy Reid's book says "How to Avoid Another Crushing Playoff Loss", and there's like 5 clocks on the wall next to his office.

That's just the ones related to our game.
(01-09-2019, 01:19 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 08:43 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:

I just love all of the small details in these.

Some of our lockers in the background are "Reserved for a Defense if we get one". Harsh. Mahomes has ketchup in his locker, Kelce has a "Catching Kelce" poster, Hill has a cheetah print jacket, Andrew Luck on the monitor behind Tom Brady is captioned "I guess I'm coming for you all, lol", Andy Reid's book says "How to Avoid Another Crushing Playoff Loss", and there's like 5 clocks on the wall next to his office.

That's just the ones related to our game.

The door to Andy's office also says something like "Andy's Secret Bye Week Chamber and Rib Room"

There's a running gag behind Tom Brady on the monitors that starts with a picture of Cody Parker that says "No joke we can make will make him feel any worse than he already does" and then later says "Like, my God, can you imagine?"  I also like that Taysom Hill had a locker for every position he plays in the Saints room.  Also all the creepy clones Belichick is growing in the Pats locker room.
Also now Antonio Brown is on the jet ski with bell on one of the tvs behind Brady
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
(01-08-2019, 09:32 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: I'm down with this.

We're going to start naming the kicker.

He was Lin Elliott, and by naming him, honoring him, and remembering that it really wasn't his fault... the curse shall be broken.

Nice read, and if you go to 610 sports I'm sure they'll have the interview this morning up soon.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-co...40115.html

Link to the interview:

https://610sports.radio.com/media/audio-...in-elliott

Note: He was a Texas Tech guy too.

CURSE BROKEN.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playoffs/2...n-stenerud
For the Chiefs: Watkins, Ware, and Berry all listed as Questionable on the final injury report. Dorian O'Daniel listed as Doubtful.

Just a reminder the NFL no longer has a "Probable" designation on injury reports, so Questionable is the next best thing to not being on it and says there's a chance. Getting any of those players to play would be a huge boost to the Chiefs.

For the Colts: DT Denico Autry and S Malik Hooker are Questionable, DE Tyquan Lewis is Doubtful, and WR Ryan Grant is Out. This is on top of S Mike Mitchell being put on IR earlier in the week.

Autry many Colts fans thought could have been a Pro Bowler and he's capable of generating pressure up the middle (9.0 sacks), so his potential absence could really hurt them. Although we've clearly had terrible luck with safeties staying healthy, the Colts could be down 2 of their top 3 safeties and the other was on the injury report earlier in the week.