Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Defensive Coordinator
I’m not convinced that Reid will part ways with Bob Sutton in the off season, but he should.  My thoughts are, if the Browns decide to hire a new head coach, we need to make every effort to lure Greg Williams back to KC to be DC.  He is extremely capable, he is a local guy, and I think bountygate is well behind him. What do you think?
(12-31-2018, 12:25 AM)warthog Wrote: I’m not convinced that Reid will part ways with Bob Sutton in the off season, but he should.  My thoughts are, if the Browns decide to hire a new head coach, we need to make every effort to lure Greg Williams back to KC to be DC.  He is extremely capable, he is a local guy, and I think bountygate is well behind him. What do you think?

I think the exact opposite of everything you've said.  He's a fucking toxic moron who will for sure manage to run afoul of the league again.  Stay away.
(12-31-2018, 08:54 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 12:25 AM)warthog Wrote: I’m not convinced that Reid will part ways with Bob Sutton in the off season, but he should.  My thoughts are, if the Browns decide to hire a new head coach, we need to make every effort to lure Greg Williams back to KC to be DC.  He is extremely capable, he is a local guy, and I think bountygate is well behind him. What do you think?

I think the exact opposite of everything you've said.  He's a fucking toxic moron who will for sure manage to run afoul of the league again.  Stay away.

Yeah, not a fan either.

I'm hoping we're playing late enough in the year most of the good candidates are gone.

I prefer to stay about a million miles away from anyone from the Jeff Fisher tree.  

Except Schwartz.  I'd LOVE to have him as a DC, but he's got a job and I doubt he'll be getting any HC offers soon.

What about Bowles?
(12-31-2018, 05:26 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:

I prefer to stay about a million miles away from anyone from the Jeff Fisher tree.  

Except Schwartz.  I'd LOVE to have him as a DC, but he's got a job and I doubt he'll be getting any HC offers soon.

What about Bowles?

I was reading somewhere that Bowles was terrible at instilling discipline in the team.  I sure as hell don't want that in our defense. It's bad enough with Sutton.

Anybody know if that's true?
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(12-31-2018, 05:37 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 05:26 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:

What about Bowles?

I was reading somewhere that Bowles was terrible at instilling discipline in the team.  I sure as hell don't want that in our defense. It's bad enough with Sutton.

Anybody know if that's true?

I just need someone to call defensive plays.

I think people overestimate what a defensive coordinator usually does.  Instilling discipline is the HEAD COACH'S job.

Yeah, what was I thinking.  I forgot all about Williams ‘I could have 5 head coaching jobs if I wanted them’ crazy attitude, I was just impressed with the way he turned the Browns around after Hugh Jackass got canned.  

Forgive me, I hadn’t started a new thread in months and went crazy that day by starting two.  I didn’t think that one out.  I still want a stronger DC and I do think a good DC can make a difference.  I don’t think Andy has much to say about the defense at all, most the time the defense is out there, Reid is sitting with Mahomes asking how good of a guy Derek Jeter is.  Can Bob, get someone more skilled at that job.
(01-01-2019, 02:23 PM)warthog Wrote:

Yeah, what was I thinking.  I forgot all about Williams ‘I could have 5 head coaching jobs if I wanted them’ crazy attitude, I was just impressed with the way he turned the Browns around after Hugh Jackass got canned.  

Forgive me, I hadn’t started a new thread in months and went crazy that day by starting two.  I didn’t think that one out.  I still want a stronger DC and I do think a good DC can make a difference.  I don’t think Andy has much to say about the defense at all, most the time the defense is out there, Reid is sitting with Mahomes asking how good of a guy Derek Jeter is.  Can Bob, get someone more skilled at that job.

Oh dude, please don't feel like you have to apologize to me for anything.  I'm probably still a little irrational about the whole bountygate thing, but for reals: he sucks.  He runs a real blitz-heavy scheme that always seem to send the most guys at the worst times, and he's been on Hard Knocks twice in the last five years and was insane both times.  For real, he mad Todd Haley look rational a couple of times this year.
(01-01-2019, 02:43 PM)MiNOLA Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 02:23 PM)warthog Wrote:

Oh dude, please don't feel like you have to apologize to me for anything.  I'm probably still a little irrational about the whole bountygate thing, but for reals: he sucks.  He runs a real blitz-heavy scheme that always seem to send the most guys at the worst times, and he's been on Hard Knocks twice in the last five years and was insane both times.  For real, he mad Todd Haley look rational a couple of times this year.

Maybe that’s it, I don’t watch Hard Knocks.  I can put bountygate behind me just because I think that was more widespread than just he and Payton, but his conversation with the press about how wanted he is by every NFL team was bonkers.
I'm pretty sure that most nfl people believe that kitchens turned the browns around more than williams. I'm not going to be at all shocked if the browns give kitchens the job of hc next year just to make sure that hes still around baker.