Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL NFL MVP: What odds are you giving Mahomes to win this?
In my view, PM2 should be a shoe in to win this award, but I keep hearing National folk talking about how Brees has never won it and since he is a HOF shoe in, he should be awarded it. Which is silly, because the MVP is an award based on who had the best season, not career.

I give it about an 85% chance it’s Mahomes.
95/5 in favor of mahomes if he hits 5,000/50 and we win today.

70/30 if he misses any of those marks.
(12-30-2018, 10:03 AM)warthog Wrote: In my view, PM2 should be a shoe in to win this award, but I keep hearing National folk talking about how Brees has never won it and since he is a HOF shoe in, he should be awarded it. Which is silly, because the MVP is an award based on who had the best season, not career.

The award will lose credibility in the eyes of fans if Mahomes doesn't win.

Go find a video or article where MVP is being discussed and in the comments you'll find about 90% of people saying Mahomes is OBVIOUSLY the MVP.

Now aside from that every single football fan I know, KC fan or not, thinks Mahomes is obviously the MVP.

The momentum behind Brees, as well as he's played, is almost entirely a media creation.
(12-30-2018, 10:14 AM)tyecopeland Wrote: 95/5 in favor of mahomes if he hits 5,000/50 and we win today.

99.9% certainty now.

If he doesn't, the MVP award is an embarrassing joke.

I had some idiot at the tailgate today claim that Andrew Luck was MVP.

Rolleyes
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(12-30-2018, 08:58 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 10:14 AM)tyecopeland Wrote: 95/5 in favor of mahomes if he hits 5,000/50 and we win today.

99.9% certainty now.

Rolleyes

I love that he got his 5000th yard and 50th TD on the same play... which was a downfield bomb he made while on the move.  

Mahomes is gonna Mahomes, and that's why this team is gonna have a chance year in and year out for at least a decade.
(12-30-2018, 09:28 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:

99.9% certainty now.

Rolleyes

I love that he got his 5000th yard and 50th TD on the same play... which was a downfield bomb he made while on the move.  

Mahomes is gonna Mahomes, and that's why this team is gonna have a chance year in and year out for at least a decade.

Talk about poetic.  That was EPIC.

Robinson is going to get fined for that taunting and I'm sure he doesn't even care.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
It’s got to be 100% now, and I agree, the fact that the 5000 and 50 came on the same play was a clincher.

99.9% certainty now.

Rolleyes

Lol, I missed that. Which hapless Raider fan thought that? The one you brought or one of the ones Vazza brought?

Luck is the closest in TDs, and he's behind by double digits. I think even without the stupid "lifetime achievement" aspect people want to pretend is a part, and it might be if 2 players were neck and neck, Brees is really the next closest considering how efficient he's been. It's still not close. 18 less TDs is, significant.
(12-30-2018, 11:02 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 10:03 AM)warthog Wrote: In my view, PM2 should be a shoe in to win this award, but I keep hearing National folk talking about how Brees has never won it and since he is a HOF shoe in, he should be awarded it. Which is silly, because the MVP is an award based on who had the best season, not career.

The award will lose credibility in the eyes of fans if Mahomes doesn't win.

Go find a video or article where MVP is being discussed and in the comments you'll find about 90% of people saying Mahomes is OBVIOUSLY the MVP.

Now aside from that every single football fan I know, KC fan or not, thinks Mahomes is obviously the MVP.

The momentum behind Brees, as well as he's played, is almost entirely a media creation.

The media, sports or otherwise, love controversy. It's boring if everyone agrees with the obvious, and boring doesn't keep eyeballs on TV sets.
(12-30-2018, 10:46 PM)warthog Wrote: It’s got to be 100% now, and I agree, the fact that the 5000 and 50 came on the same play was a clincher.

And it was Mahomes being Mahomesian.  One day they'll call a play like that 'vintage Mahomes'.