Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs 2019 Offseason Thread

We are at the very least still a week and a few days away from this becoming a thing and hopefully more than a month away. But there was a signing and I didn't really know where to put it.

Damian Williams has signed a 2 year extension worth up to 8.1 million to stay a chief. Ware is not signed through next year so I guess the past two weeks showed the chiefs that they want Williams to be the bridge guy next year at least. The only other rb signed next year is Darrell Williams.

I like this. Damien makes for a solid recieving back, but we need to look for a feature back in the draft. It's a lot more practical with more upside than re-signing Ware.

EDIT: I didn't realize it was $8.1M. I think that price is a little steep for Damien, but he fits our system really well. It's just a lot to pay a guy we aren't certain can handle feature back carries over a season.

BTW, some RBs I'd like us to look at solely based on the fact that their names would make our backfield more confusing.

Dexter Williams, Notre Dame
Aeris Williams, Mississippi State
Trayveon Williams, Texas A&M
Darrel Henderson, Memphis
Damien Harris, Alabama

Also, bring Kerwynn Williams back as a training camp body, then sign and cut CJ Spiller.

Everything has said 'up to' and I saw at least one quote that mentioned that it was likely heavily incentive laden.

50% of all of Charcandrick's receptions this season have gone for TDs.

(12-28-2018, 02:12 PM)DallasChief Wrote:  50% of all of Charcandrick's receptions this season have gone for TDs.

That touchdown last week was insane.

Mahomes is gonna need Tommy John surgery with that shit.  It's just not normal.  His arm angle is insane.  Watch it in slow mo.  Good heavens.  My shoulder and elbow would explode from just TRYING to do that.

Eric Bieniemy has interview requests from the bucs, jets, dolphins, and cardinals for head coaching openings.

(12-31-2018, 08:32 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Eric Bieniemy has interview requests from the bucs, jets, dolphins, and cardinals for head coaching openings.

I'm sure Andy has been grooming Kafka.  We can't keep an offensive coordinator.  

Pederson turns around the Eagles.  Nagy turns around the Bears.  Ballard, an executive, turns around the Colts ( by actually giving Luck some decent linemen).  

Oh, and Dorsey looks to be turning around the Browns.  With Antonio Brown tantruming his way out of Pittsburgh and Ben getting old... the Browns, of all teams, look to be best set up for the future.  Mayfield is LEGIT.

(12-31-2018, 08:38 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(12-31-2018, 08:32 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Eric Bieniemy has interview requests from the bucs, jets, dolphins, and cardinals for head coaching openings.

Pederson turns around the Eagles.  Nagy turns around the Bears.  Ballard, an executive, turns around the Colts ( by actually giving Luck some decent linemen).  

Oh, and Dorsey looks to be turning around the Browns.  With Antonio Brown tantruming his way out of Pittsburgh and Ben getting old... the Browns, of all teams, look to be best set up for the future.  Mayfield is LEGIT.

It's going to really suck in February when, the year after pederson leaves and wins the super bowl, nagy wins the super bowl.

(12-31-2018, 09:17 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(12-31-2018, 08:38 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  

It's going to really suck in February when, the year after pederson leaves and wins the super bowl, nagy wins the super bowl.

*smack*

Bad Tye