Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs 2019 Offseason Thread

(02-04-2019, 12:21 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(02-04-2019, 12:11 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(02-04-2019, 12:04 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(02-04-2019, 09:47 AM)NOLA Wrote:  I gotta tell you, people here are still extremely pissed off.

Look at it this way.

At least they didn't have to make up a rule like they did with the KC/Titans game.  

I dunno.  Silver lining?  

Though you won't convince me the refs just 'missed' that Saints/rams call.  Do you accept that bad call in good faith?  I can't, and I'm not even a Saints fan.

What?  Fuck no.  I'm fully invested in this narrative now.  Roger Goodell fucking hates Sean Payton.  Tried to force Tom Benson to fire him after Bountygate, and Benson extended his contract and gave him a raise instead.  I'm fully willing to believe Roger is still pissed.  That was such an obvious missed call that even non-Saints fans are still talking about it.  I'm glad the game was awful.  Like most people in New Orleans, though, I didn't watch it.

I never watch the Superbowl.  Looks like a punt-fest. 

KC vs. New Orleans would have been a show.

It's the game I think America wanted.  New Orleans because of the missed call, and KC because Patrick Mahomes is the single greatest player to ever play football.  Nobody wants to see the fucking Patriots win another title.  Even people in Boston don't really give a shit anymore.

(02-04-2019, 12:53 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(02-04-2019, 12:04 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(02-04-2019, 09:47 AM)NOLA Wrote:  I gotta tell you, people here are still extremely pissed off.

Look at it this way.

At least they didn't have to make up a rule like they did with the KC/Titans game.  

I dunno.  Silver lining?  

Though you won't convince me the refs just 'missed' that Saints/rams call.  Do you accept that bad call in good faith?  I can't, and I'm not even a Saints fan.

What?  Fuck no.  I'm fully invested in this narrative now.  Roger Goodell fucking hates Sean Payton.  Tried to force Tom Benson to fire him after Bountygate, and Benson extended his contract and gave him a raise instead.  I'm fully willing to believe Roger is still pissed.  That was such an obvious missed call that even non-Saints fans are still talking about it.  I'm glad the game was awful.  Like most people in New Orleans, though, I didn't watch it.

It's the game I think America wanted.  New Orleans because of the missed call, and KC because Patrick Mahomes is the single greatest player to ever play football.  Nobody wants to see the fucking Patriots win another title.  Even people in Boston don't really give a shit anymore.

I dont know man. The crowd at the super bowl was heavily pro Patriots. It didnt sound like there were more than 10% rams fans there.

(02-04-2019, 12:55 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(02-04-2019, 12:04 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  Look at it this way.

I dunno.  Silver lining?  

I dont know man. The crowd at the super bowl was heavily pro Patriots. It didnt sound like there were more than 10% rams fans there.

Fans in LA don't travel well? Im shocked!

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(02-04-2019, 06:36 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  
(02-04-2019, 12:55 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(02-04-2019, 12:11 PM)NOLA Wrote:  What?  Fuck no.  I'm fully invested in this narrative now.  Roger Goodell fucking hates Sean Payton.  Tried to force Tom Benson to fire him after Bountygate, and Benson extended his contract and gave him a raise instead.  I'm fully willing to believe Roger is still pissed.  That was such an obvious missed call that even non-Saints fans are still talking about it.  I'm glad the game was awful.  Like most people in New Orleans, though, I didn't watch it.

Fans in LA don't travel well? Im shocked!

I'm shocked anyone thinks there are fans in LA. That city can't support 1 franchise.

We have a new defensive assistant, house. He was going to be Kentucky defensive coordinator. Worked with spags in the past. Emmitt thomas retired as defensive backs coach.

Looks like they are really putting together a hell of a staff on the D side in the offseason.

If the D sucks again, we can't blame 'em for not TRYING to improve, anyway...

[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]

(02-13-2019, 03:34 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  Looks like they are really putting together a hell of a staff on the D side in the offseason.

If the D sucks again, we can't blame 'em for not TRYING to improve, anyway...

I'm not trying to poop on anything here, but I am entering the Spags era with EXTREME skepticism.

(02-13-2019, 03:22 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  We have a new defensive assistant, house. He was going to be Kentucky defensive coordinator. Worked with spags in the past. Emmitt thomas retired as defensive backs coach.

I think House is good.  Very happy about the hire.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26020...gency-cuts

(02-19-2019, 05:09 PM)NOLA Wrote:  http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26020...gency-cuts

I agree with 3, 4 and 5.  I like Morse, but his recent injury history makes him a questionable long term signing.

Which is also the case, we need to remember, about Dee Ford.  He just had his first healthy season in what seems like forever.  He's not great against the run.  Only has one pass rush move, and LET"S NOT FORGET he's the only reason KC wasn't in the Superbowl.  

Thanks to the emergence of Chris Jones and a likely switch to a 43 under defense means that Houston is probably the odd man out.  KC can't afford to lose Dee Ford AND Justin Houston, but bottom line.. right now I still think Justin Houston is the better, more complete, player.