Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs 2019 Offseason Thread

If breeland can be a little better than Nelson was and Claiborne can be a little better than scandrick was and fuller improved a little... our CB's will have gotten. .. a little better.

(08-08-2019, 02:24 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  If breeland can be a little better than Nelson was and Claiborne can be a little better than scandrick was and fuller improved a little... our CB's will have gotten. .. a little better.

Regardless of the status of our CBs, our safety and LB play should be greatly improved against the pass. That will take away a lot of the pressure.

Still, wouldn't be surprised if this is our achilles heel, but CB play is down league wide. They honestly don't have to be that much better to be around league average.

I compliment RB Josh Caldwell in a different thread and in less than a day they cut him. I thought he could be a practice squad player, but it's an understandable cut considering he was not going to make this team outright.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/8/12...h-caldwell

Chiefs sign TE / FB / H-Back Manasseh Garner. If you say that name sounds familiar you're probably lying, but he was a 2015 UDFA for the Chiefs for a hot minute. Hasn't been a permanent fixture anywhere yet, so this isn't a likely success story, but he fits a specific role they want to tinker with this preseason, perhaps anticipating Lovett's eventual return from a torn shoulder.

EDIT: Came to a realization after typing that, most likely we're going to see Sherman utilized as more of an H-Back hybrid role this season. Lovett and Garner are really just test subjects for how we can get more Sausage involved. Might be interesting to see Sherman line up in different ways to get new looks as a blocker, receiver, and runner. I'm going to pay more attention to how they utilize Garner and the other backup TEs this preseason.

IMO they cut Caldwell to give him time to catch on to another team. Hope he does.

[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]

Has anybody heard about Darwin Thompson? Critically--Is he worth a 1st round pick (10th overall) in my dynasty rookie draft? I need runners.

(08-15-2019, 03:02 PM)NOLA Wrote:  Has anybody heard about Darwin Thompson?  Critically--Is he worth a 1st round pick (10th overall) in my dynasty rookie draft?  I need runners.

I don't know too much about dynasty rookie drafts, but most services I looked at real quick place him as a 3rd rounder or later (25th was his best ranking). He's looked impressive thus far, pure explosion in a compact frame. I'd at least consider drafting him in the 2nd round if nothing else. Otherwise it depends on who drops to 10.

If you want to go full homer, go Mecole Hardman in the first and Thompson in the 2nd. That could happen.

(08-15-2019, 03:02 PM)NOLA Wrote:  Has anybody heard about Darwin Thompson?  Critically--Is he worth a 1st round pick (10th overall) in my dynasty rookie draft?  I need runners.

Just rookies? Snake draft? 12 team league?  If yes to all of those I'd probably try to get him with your 2nd pick.

(08-15-2019, 05:22 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  

Just rookies? Snake draft? 12 team league?  If yes to all of those I'd probably try to get him with your 2nd pick.

Just rookies, 12 team, not snake--based on your finish for every round, just like the actual draft.

From the look of how this draft is going, I think he may be there in the second.  I was gonna try to wait for Mecole in the second, but I think I might be able get Justice Hill in the first, and I'm hearing good things out of various camp reports about him.

(08-15-2019, 04:04 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  

I don't know too much about dynasty rookie drafts, but most services I looked at real quick place him as a 3rd rounder or later (25th was his best ranking). He's looked impressive thus far, pure explosion in a compact frame. I'd at least consider drafting him in the 2nd round if nothing else. Otherwise it depends on who drops to 10.

If you want to go full homer, go Mecole Hardman in the first and Thompson in the 2nd. That could happen.

I take rookie dynasty rankings with a bigger grain of salt than regular rankings, so I'm comfortable reaching for him if the reports are good.  That said, I think some better options may still be available to me.  Also, if Kyler Murray falls to me I think I have to take him, even though I already have Mahomes.  I'll be able to leverage him later.

(08-15-2019, 07:17 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(08-15-2019, 04:04 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  

I take rookie dynasty rankings with a bigger grain of salt than regular rankings, so I'm comfortable reaching for him if the reports are good.  That said, I think some better options may still be available to me.  Also, if Kyler Murray falls to me I think I have to take him, even though I already have Mahomes.  I'll be able to leverage him later.

If Murray makes it to you at 10 in a rookie draft the other owners are idiots.

Edit: Idiots because of value of a qb. Not because I think hes destined for greatness but because he is going to have opportunity and volume. He could be good and hes definitely going to throw a lot.