Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs 2019 Offseason Thread

(07-12-2019, 03:37 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  I'm going to post something here that I would only usually say out loud to a family member.

There's still a legitimate question into tyreeks involvement in the kids broken arm and his possible abuse of his, once again, ex.

I'm not saying I believe he did anything but I also don't believe he's completely innocent of either incident either.

Say the star and pft are right, that his denials of his previous abuse is typical abuser attitude. Say that the tape was made because his ex was legitimately scared about being abused again. Say the tape wasn't leaked until after the investigation because they were still staying together until after that point. That's all plausible.

As for the kid. I believe the reports are true that the broken arm was from a fall. But couldn't the fall be the result of an action by an adult? Like a push, or a grabbing something out of the kids hands, (or a punch in the chest that knocks the kid down). The broken arm then comes from the kid bracing for the fall but it would be because of the adult.

Again, I'm not saying I think that is the case but I do think many chiefs fans might be jumping to too many he's completely innocent of everything conclusions based on things that are not as black and white. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

All that said, I hope he's innocent and stays clean and signs an extension and keeps destroying defenses on passes from mahomes for years.

Yeah... honestly now you're just assuming a lot of things not in evidence.  

The investigation concluded that the child broke his arm while playing.  Not while being abused.  The only reason this is still disputed at all is because certain media people trying to elevate their profile refused to acknowledge the reality of the investigation.  I'm going to assume it was pretty obvious if it was determined that quickly.

The investigation was certainly as much about HER as it was HIM.  I"m pretty sure he gained visitation rights before she did because of her tendency to pass out while the small child was in the house.  She passed out, he called the cops, and the media framed it as "Tyreek Hill involved in another domestic dispute involving his son!"  Which is a bit of a misleading headline.  

She's not afraid of Tyreek.  I don't buy that.  She didn't sound afraid on that tape.  Not even a little.  She was antagonizing.  People do not antagonize things or people they're afraid of.  I would say it looks more like she's afraid if she loses custody and he leaves, her golden ticket is out the window.  Which would explain the BLACKMAIL tape.

Don't get me started on the involvement of her family and how suspicious THAT is.  The picture painted by the collective evidence is not what was portrayed by the media.

(07-12-2019, 12:57 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I really like this article about how the full Tyreek Hill audio exposes the failures of KCTV5 and Angie Ricono.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/07/10/f...ie-ricono/

Some of what's said in this article runs parallel to what Jonas is saying, how media isn't trusted by many and to act in a manner that would make a corrupt heavy handed prosecutor blush confirms what people think about the media.

Only thing I disagree with heartily is this blogger is still standing by KC sports journalism in general, even considering this, the Kevin Keitzmann situation, and others acting extremely biased to boot. Those that are still digging in deserve to be called out just as much. You can say based on the evidence you had at the time it was the right call, but you still have to admit a mistake was made.

There's a distinct line between activism and journalism.  I find it frustrating that, so often, people do not see this distinct line.  They just gobble up the narrative.  

What happened in this case wasn't journalism.  Facts were cherry picked to pursue a specific narrative.  That narrative was "Tyreek Hill is an abusive monster who shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL."  Contrary facts were swept under the rug because the narrative took precedent over the truth. 

At the same time, 'the media' is also who exposed 'the media's' deception.  How?  Simply by giving us ALL of the information available rather than cherry picking that which fit the chosen narrative.  So you have examples of both journalism AND activism juxtaposed with each other in this case.  

The 'we worked with the facts we had' is a pretty sketchy claim given how certain events were framed in headlines.  It's pretty obvious what happened on their end.  Clickbait journalism targeting easily outraged morons strikes again.

(07-13-2019, 11:26 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(07-12-2019, 03:37 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  I'm going to post something here that I would only usually say out loud to a family member.

There's still a legitimate question into tyreeks involvement in the kids broken arm and his possible abuse of his, once again, ex.

I'm not saying I believe he did anything but I also don't believe he's completely innocent of either incident either.

Say the star and pft are right, that his denials of his previous abuse is typical abuser attitude. Say that the tape was made because his ex was legitimately scared about being abused again. Say the tape wasn't leaked until after the investigation because they were still staying together until after that point. That's all plausible.

As for the kid. I believe the reports are true that the broken arm was from a fall. But couldn't the fall be the result of an action by an adult? Like a push, or a grabbing something out of the kids hands, (or a punch in the chest that knocks the kid down). The broken arm then comes from the kid bracing for the fall but it would be because of the adult.

Again, I'm not saying I think that is the case but I do think many chiefs fans might be jumping to too many he's completely innocent of everything conclusions based on things that are not as black and white. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

All that said, I hope he's innocent and stays clean and signs an extension and keeps destroying defenses on passes from mahomes for years.

The investigation concluded that the child broke his arm while playing.  Not while being abused.  The only reason this is still disputed at all is because certain media people trying to elevate their profile refused to acknowledge the reality of the investigation.  I'm going to assume it was pretty obvious if it was determined that quickly.

The investigation was certainly as much about HER as it was HIM.  I"m pretty sure he gained visitation rights before she did because of her tendency to pass out while the small child was in the house.  She passed out, he called the cops, and the media framed it as "Tyreek Hill involved in another domestic dispute involving his son!"  Which is a bit of a misleading headline.  

She's not afraid of Tyreek.  I don't buy that.  She didn't sound afraid on that tape.  Not even a little.  She was antagonizing.  People do not antagonize things or people they're afraid of.  I would say it looks more like she's afraid if she loses custody and he leaves, her golden ticket is out the window.  Which would explain the BLACKMAIL tape.

Don't get me started on the involvement of her family and how suspicious THAT is.  The picture painted by the collective evidence is not what was portrayed by the media.

The DA said they thought a crime had been committed and that was with the evidence that the arm was broken from bracing from a fall. The child got taken away from both parents and it wasn't because the kid had a broken arm. It was from bruises. 810 reported that both tyreek and the mom admitted to disciplining the child by spanking. The reason it is still an issue has to do with that, not anything the media has said. Those are in evidence. Child services might have been called due to a report of a broken arm  but they didnt remove the kid because of it. 

Most abuse victims aren't afraid of their abuser all of the time, many know that there are triggers and that a public place like an airport isnt likely to end in violence. Its plausible that she used that environment to try to aggravate him into saying something incriminating.

He might have got visitation rights back first because she failed to show up to a hearing, which might have been the same time she was in the hospital.

As far as her family being involved, besides twitter nobodies, who has said anything about her family? 

The evidence is two police records, the child being removed from his house/his care, and an audio clip of the couple. The narrative can be shaped any which way but to suggest that anyone actually knows one way or the other is ridiculous at this point. 

Again, I feel fairly strongly that the truth is somewhere in the middle. I wouldn't feel comfortable saying tyreek is a good dude the same as i dont feel comfortable labeling him guilty of anything from this current situation.

(07-13-2019, 02:36 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(07-13-2019, 11:26 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:  

The DA said they thought a crime had been committed and that was with the evidence that the arm was broken from bracing from a fall. The child got taken away from both parents and it wasn't because the kid had a broken arm. It was from bruises. 810 reported that both tyreek and the mom admitted to disciplining the child by spanking. The reason it is still an issue has to do with that, not anything the media has said. Those are in evidence. Child services might have been called due to a report of a broken arm  but they didnt remove the kid because of it. 

Most abuse victims aren't afraid of their abuser all of the time, many know that there are triggers and that a public place like an airport isnt likely to end in violence. Its plausible that she used that environment to try to aggravate him into saying something incriminating.

He might have got visitation rights back first because she failed to show up to a hearing, which might have been the same time she was in the hospital.

As far as her family being involved, besides twitter nobodies, who has said anything about her family? 

The evidence is two police records, the child being removed from his house/his care, and an audio clip of the couple. The narrative can be shaped any which way but to suggest that anyone actually knows one way or the other is ridiculous at this point. 

Again, I feel fairly strongly that the truth is somewhere in the middle. I wouldn't feel comfortable saying tyreek is a good dude the same as i dont feel comfortable labeling him guilty of anything from this current situation.

Your first paragraph reinforces what I said.

Let the Bands Play and the Banners Fly!!! Season Tickets have been mailed!! Woo Hoo!!

No suspension for Hill.

https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/1...8158392320

(07-19-2019, 09:42 AM)DallasChief Wrote:  No suspension for Hill.

As Chiefs fan, I'm pretty relieved.

As a fan of justice and due process, I can understand the decision and based on what I know of the situation--which I'm guessing is a very incomplete picture--I agree with it.

As a Hill fan, I really don't know how I feel.  The story his lawyers told is pretty compelling, but that doubt is gonna follow him around forever.  And the national media is, unsurprisingly, not feeling particularly generous towards this development.

(07-19-2019, 10:07 AM)NOLA Wrote:  

As a fan of justice and due process, I can understand the decision and based on what I know of the situation--which I'm guessing is a very incomplete picture--I agree with it.

As a Hill fan, I really don't know how I feel.  The story his lawyers told is pretty compelling, but that doubt is gonna follow him around forever.  And the national media is, unsurprisingly, not feeling particularly generous towards this development.

Yep, this.

As fans we'll probably forgive him after he burns Jalen Ramsey's fat mouth off his face clean in week 1, but I'll always be a little uneasy. I'll never buy a Hill jersey, put it that way.

(07-19-2019, 11:34 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(07-19-2019, 10:07 AM)NOLA Wrote:  

Yep, this.

As fans we'll probably forgive him after he burns Jalen Ramsey's fat mouth off his face clean in week 1, but I'll always be a little uneasy. I'll never buy a Hill jersey, put it that way.

Agree as well. This is good news for hill and the chiefs though. We know Goodell doesnt need actual evidence so for him to not suspend means that tyreek really must have some proof of something that he showed the league.