Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs 2019 Offseason Thread

(07-10-2019, 12:29 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(07-10-2019, 12:24 PM)Razorchief Wrote:  If it was edited and presented to produce a certain opinion or perspective, could this be considered Libel?

Probably not, Tyreek being a public figure and all. That being said, it's now KCTV5's turn to be tried in the court of public opinion
Bad journalism. Bad reporting. Bad editorial control

(07-10-2019, 12:29 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(07-10-2019, 12:24 PM)Razorchief Wrote:  If it was edited and presented to produce a certain opinion or perspective, could this be considered Libel?

Probably not, Tyreek being a public figure and all. That being said, it's now KCTV5's turn to be tried in the court of public opinion

Yeah. Libel against a public person is near impossible to prove under US laws.

I think, as a nation, we're going to have to evaluate if smearing someone's reputation for clicks is something we're going to continue tolerating.  Thanks to twitter, this clickbait style of journalism has done unprecedented damage to the reputation of the american media on top of creating hostile and dangerous situations for those they put in their cross-hairs.  

Everyone is in such a rush to get the juicy attention grabbing headline that truth has become something viewed as marginally important, and there is seemingly no journalistic ethics regarding the people they harm.  

Doing as little harm as possible is part of a journalists job.  Not maximizing harm to create some kind of change.  That's activism, which is not journalism.

I listened to the entire 11 minute audio. No doubt in my mind she was setting him up, but the big news is Tyreek’s comments about the 2014 domestic violence. He didn’t know he was being recorded and revealed that he did not hit her and she didn’t deny it. I truly think he took the fall in ‘14 because he thought no one would believe him it was her word against his. And KCTV5 heard this tape and didn’t think that was news? Man, that is the worst kind of journalism, with holding facts from the viewers. Shame, shame, shame!

(07-10-2019, 11:52 PM)warthog Wrote:  I listened to the entire 11 minute audio.  No doubt in my mind she was setting him up, but the big news is Tyreek’s comments about the 2014 domestic violence.  He didn’t know he was being recorded and revealed that he did not hit her and she didn’t deny it.  I truly think he took the fall in ‘14 because he thought no one would believe him it was her word against his.  And KCTV5 heard this tape and didn’t think that was news?  Man, that is the worst kind of journalism, with holding facts from the viewers.  Shame, shame, shame!

Welcome to the twitter age.  Where your credibility as a journalist is determined by the number of lives you ruin rather than the number of truths you tell.

I heard Dan Patrick on his show one day talking about the rush to be first. "I would rather be last and correct than first and wrong". Too many times people seem to think that being wrong is no big deal. it is the part about being first that matters.

(07-01-2019, 10:23 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(07-01-2019, 09:30 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(07-01-2019, 04:30 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(07-01-2019, 03:13 PM)NOLA Wrote:  Anybody know when training camp starts?

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=When+does+chiefs+t...p+start%3F

So that's a no?

Day after my birthday. That help?

I just today realized that your birthday is in your profile, so this actually did help.  Good god.  Senility is not going to go well for me.

(07-10-2019, 11:52 PM)warthog Wrote:  I listened to the entire 11 minute audio.  No doubt in my mind she was setting him up, but the big news is Tyreek’s comments about the 2014 domestic violence.  He didn’t know he was being recorded and revealed that he did not hit her and she didn’t deny it.  I truly think he took the fall in ‘14 because he thought no one would believe him it was her word against his.  And KCTV5 heard this tape and didn’t think that was news?  Man, that is the worst kind of journalism, with holding facts from the viewers.  Shame, shame, shame!

I would infer that he was partially innocent, as in he didn't hit her / punch her stomach, but did physically force her out. Either way, that was a heck of a revelation.

I really like this article about how the full Tyreek Hill audio exposes the failures of KCTV5 and Angie Ricono.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/07/10/f...ie-ricono/

Some of what's said in this article runs parallel to what Jonas is saying, how media isn't trusted by many and to act in a manner that would make a corrupt heavy handed prosecutor blush confirms what people think about the media.

Only thing I disagree with heartily is this blogger is still standing by KC sports journalism in general, even considering this, the Kevin Keitzmann situation, and others acting extremely biased to boot. Those that are still digging in deserve to be called out just as much. You can say based on the evidence you had at the time it was the right call, but you still have to admit a mistake was made.

I'm going to post something here that I would only usually say out loud to a family member.

There's still a legitimate question into tyreeks involvement in the kids broken arm and his possible abuse of his, once again, ex.

I'm not saying I believe he did anything but I also don't believe he's completely innocent of either incident either.

Say the star and pft are right, that his denials of his previous abuse is typical abuser attitude. Say that the tape was made because his ex was legitimately scared about being abused again. Say the tape wasn't leaked until after the investigation because they were still staying together until after that point. That's all plausible.

As for the kid. I believe the reports are true that the broken arm was from a fall. But couldn't the fall be the result of an action by an adult? Like a push, or a grabbing something out of the kids hands, (or a punch in the chest that knocks the kid down). The broken arm then comes from the kid bracing for the fall but it would be because of the adult.

Again, I'm not saying I think that is the case but I do think many chiefs fans might be jumping to too many he's completely innocent of everything conclusions based on things that are not as black and white. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

All that said, I hope he's innocent and stays clean and signs an extension and keeps destroying defenses on passes from mahomes for years.

Allege. Concoct. Convict--such seems to be the mantra of "journalism" and reporting these days. If not Concoct then certainly Distort enough.

"how do you know she's a witch"?

"Well, she turned me into a Newt"!