Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs 2019 Offseason Thread
Sutton's gone. We'll see who else goes with him.

Exciting times.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Here’s a name to watch for the now vacant Chiefs’ DC job, per sources: former Jets and Bills’ HC and current ESPN analyst Rex Ryan, who has been approached about other DC openings in recent seasons.
1:51 PM · Jan 22, 2019
I don't really follow his work close enough beyond knowing that he was a terrible head coach.

Someone tell me how to feel.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
(01-22-2019, 03:27 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: I don't really follow his work close enough beyond knowing that he was a terrible head coach.

Someone tell me how to feel.

I've got fairly strong feelings about Rob Ryan, but less to tell you about Rex.
In his 4 years as DC in Baltimore the defense was 5th, 1st, 6th and 2nd in yards. They were 10th, 1st, 22nd, and 3rd in points. Of course that defense had more talent.

As a HC his defenses were never better than 15th in points after his first 2 season in NY.
(01-22-2019, 05:04 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: In his 4 years as DC in Baltimore the defense was 5th, 1st, 6th and 2nd in yards. They were 10th, 1st, 22nd, and 3rd in points. Of course that defense had more talent.

As a HC his defenses were never better than 15th in points after his first 2 season in NY.

Way to undersell it.
(01-22-2019, 05:04 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: In his 4 years as DC in Baltimore the defense was 5th, 1st, 6th and 2nd in yards. They were 10th, 1st, 22nd, and 3rd in points. Of course that defense had more talent.

The problem with him is that his scheme is still the same one as Sutton's.  And he took a very good Buffalo defense and made it pretty damn medicore after the fact.
I've seen Dennis allen and Steve spagnuolo mentioned a few times now too as potential hires.
(01-23-2019, 08:26 AM)tyecopeland Wrote: I've seen Dennis allen and Steve spagnuolo mentioned a few times now too as potential hires.

I can't imagine a world where the Saints let Allen leave for a lateral job.

Spags is terrible.
(01-23-2019, 10:11 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 08:26 AM)tyecopeland Wrote: I've seen Dennis allen and Steve spagnuolo mentioned a few times now too as potential hires.

I can't imagine a world where the Saints let Allen leave for a lateral job.

Spags is terrible.

Well, supposedly allen is a free agent so the saints couldn't stop him. But I mean I think they'd pay him to stay too.

As for the other, looks like spags is who we are getting. Espn citing sources that hes the leading candidate. He worked with reid and has the same agent. 'Mutual respect'