Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs 2019 Offseason Thread

(06-11-2019, 12:33 PM)mabbott Wrote:  
(06-10-2019, 09:07 PM)NOLA Wrote:  There's a lot not to like in that story.

I also suspect the NFL will continue to look into this for quite a while longer.

I wish they would just make up their mind.  In addition, I wish Tyreek would get the hell away from that woman... those two are not great for each other.

This may be understating it.

was reading an article (another one!!) about pass interference and replay. Couple of questions--yes, I understand the uproar over pass interference but what about calls like the phantom roughing the passer in the conference championship game? can that be reviewed? after all, we all have seen the refs pick up the flag "no penalty on the play". what about pick plays that aren't called? are those reviewable like pass interference? hell, let's review illegal motion. let's review holding.

Schwartz gets a 1 year extension for an extra 11.5 mil. He only had 13 mil left with the 2 years he still had.

The team is spending money to keep its players. Not chris Jones yet though. Butler signed a big extension today. Now we have one of the highest paid punters AND kickers in the nfl.

I figured all these extensions are just ways to restructure to make room for Jones' contract.

(06-14-2019, 07:40 AM)DallasChief Wrote:  I figured all these extensions are just ways to restructure to make room for Jones' contract.

Maybe but butler was only scheduled to make 650k so I'm doubting his new cap hit comes in lower than that. And Schwartz only added a year but 11 mil to a contract that had him at 6.5 per year for the next 2. So again, I doubt his cap hit comes down much.

We already have the room for a reasonably big first year cap hit on a Chris Jones contract. We've got over $24M in space.  Maybe that doesn't include recent moves, but those won't swing the needle too much one way or another.

For comparison, the Aaron Donald contract has a $17M first year cap hit and an average of $22.5M a year. We could fit that in our current cap and still have room for Mahomes later, though we may be reliant on value free agents and players on rookie deals to make up the bulk of our roster.

(06-13-2019, 06:59 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  The team is spending money to keep its players. Not chris Jones yet though. Butler signed a big extension today. Now we have one of the highest paid punters AND kickers in the nfl.

I mean, Butker is the 8th highest paid kicker now by average annual salary.  I think that's fine for him.

(06-14-2019, 10:47 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(06-13-2019, 06:59 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  The team is spending money to keep its players. Not chris Jones yet though. Butler signed a big extension today. Now we have one of the highest paid punters AND kickers in the nfl.

I mean, Butker is the 8th highest paid kicker now by average annual salary.  I think that's fine for him.

He's in the conversation for best in the NFL.  

I don't think punters are going to be a big deal for KC going forward, but kicker is.  

Though, honestly... when you score 70 TD's neither job seems as important as they did when KC was helmed by captain checkdown..

Welp, I sure am enjoying "The Franchise". Very interesting.

How y'all been?

Big Grin

[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]