Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs 2019 Offseason Thread

(12-31-2018, 08:32 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Eric Bieniemy has interview requests from the bucs, jets, dolphins, and cardinals for head coaching openings.

Those are all terrible job opportunities.  All four of those teams will likely fire their GMs next year.

EDIT: If I were him, I'd hold out for CLE or GB.

(12-31-2018, 11:20 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(12-31-2018, 08:32 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Eric Bieniemy has interview requests from the bucs, jets, dolphins, and cardinals for head coaching openings.

Those are all terrible job opportunities.  All four of those teams will likely fire their GMs next year.

All 4 of them should have fired their gms this year.

(01-01-2019, 08:15 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(12-31-2018, 11:20 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

All 4 of them should have fired their gms this year.

Agreed.

If they had, they'd be better prospects.  New GM would get a few years.  Nobody wants to go work someplace where the guy who recruited and hired you is about to get shitcanned.

Antonio brown has requested a trade. So first all the bell drama and the during the season brown made a comment to a former team reporter, 'trade me let's find out' in reference to how good he is. And now supposedly he has actually asked for a trade. The Pittsburgh afc north empire is crumbling.

(01-01-2019, 01:10 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Antonio brown has requested a trade. So first all the bell drama and the during the season brown made a comment to a former team reporter, 'trade me let's find out' in reference to how good he is. And now supposedly he has actually asked for a trade. The Pittsburgh afc north empire is crumbling.

Brown has an absurd cap number next year.  He's going to be difficult to trade, and the Steelers take a huge cap hit if they do move him.

Seems like as good a place to put this as any. Nfl.com lists the top 10 games of the regular season. Kc games make up 4 of them. Unfortunately for us, 3 of those 4 were losses.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...best-games

(01-01-2019, 01:13 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(01-01-2019, 01:10 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Antonio brown has requested a trade. So first all the bell drama and the during the season brown made a comment to a former team reporter, 'trade me let's find out' in reference to how good he is. And now supposedly he has actually asked for a trade. The Pittsburgh afc north empire is crumbling.

Brown has an absurd cap number next year.  He's going to be difficult to trade, and the Steelers take a huge cap hit if they do move him.

Yeah, he's under contract through 2021. He probably isn't really available for trade or to cut until 2021, and even then he's still got a $7M dead cap hit ($12.5M in savings though). Next year would only be about $1M in cap savings on a $22M cap hit, $21M dead. 2020 would be $4.3M savings on an $18M cap hit, $14M dead.

Basically, he's stuck there. Still, the fact that there's a little trouble in paradise for the Steelers with Brown, plus the Bell drama, plus Big Ben getting closer to aging out, all signs point towards imminently becoming also rans against the Browns and Ravens.

(01-01-2019, 01:55 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(01-01-2019, 01:13 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

Yeah, he's under contract through 2021. He probably isn't really available for trade or to cut until 2021, and even then he's still got a $7M dead cap hit ($12.5M in savings though). Next year would only be about $1M in cap savings on a $22M cap hit, $21M dead. 2020 would be $4.3M savings on an $18M cap hit, $14M dead.

Basically, he's stuck there. Still, the fact that there's a little trouble in paradise for the Steelers with Brown, plus the Bell drama, plus Big Ben getting closer to aging out, all signs point towards imminently becoming also rans against the Browns and Ravens.

Oh it's funny for sure, but I feel like LeVeon Bell and Antonio Brown have either been ignoring good advice, or actively getting shit advice.  I don't blame either of them for hating Roethlisberger, but there's got to be a more financially lucrative way to screw him over on the way out of town.

Wondering if Ty a Law is still available.

(01-01-2019, 03:45 PM)warthog Wrote:  Wondering if Ty a Law is still available.

Sign Ty Law!