Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Collins
Has just been placed on IR.  He finished 2017 with 1600+ yards, and has a murky--at best--situation in Baltimore in 2018.  He's also set to be a restricted free agent, and was rumored to be a Chiefs pick over Hill that year.  I like signing him as an offseason move.  Thoughts?
I don't think he fits well as he doesnt seem to be a very good pass catching back. To be honest I'm just looking at his numbers as I don't watch much ravens football. Ironically it would appear to me that he'd do really well paired with a much more run oriented qb (ala Lamar jackson). I'd say he'd get rushing yards but wouldn't be much of a threat in the passing game which would diminish our offense.
(12-01-2018, 01:57 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: I don't think he fits well as he doesnt seem to be a very good pass catching back. To be honest I'm just looking at his numbers as I don't watch much ravens football. Ironically it would appear to me that he'd do really well paired with a much more run oriented qb (ala Lamar jackson). I'd say he'd get rushing yards but wouldn't be much of a threat in the passing game which would diminish our offense.

He plays with Joe Flacco, so I’m willing to give him a chance with Football Jesus.
If Collins is an RFA we probably wouldn't have a chance at him even if we want him. Does Baltimore not want him for some reason?

I think we need someone kind of like him, not necessarily in terms of rushing style so much as a decent back with experience. Until recently I hadn't had much reason to look at FA RBs or draft prospects for that matter.
(12-01-2018, 05:24 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: If Collins is an RFA we probably wouldn't have a chance at him even if we want him. Does Baltimore not want him for some reason?

I think we need someone kind of like him, not necessarily in terms of rushing style so much as a decent back with experience. Until recently I hadn't had much reason to look at FA RBs or draft prospects for that matter.

Baltimore has just lucked into a rookie who's had back-to-back 100+ yard rushing games after not having a back do that for years.  It's why they put him on IR despite him practicing this week--he's expendable.
Here's a player to consider. Tevin Coleman. Our RBs coach was his RBs coach in college.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/...b-in-2019/
With as bad of a season as he's having (and the Falcons as a whole) he probably wont be too expensive. Before this year he probably would have been getting a pretty rich deal (not top end but upper echelon). I think he'd be better than collins.
I'd be surprised if Atlanta lets Coleman go, but if they do, I'm down.