Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Changes
(12-02-2018, 10:20 PM)NOLA Wrote: Laughing my ass off at the McCarthy firing.  Can't believe that didn't happen years ago.  My Packers friends are like hostages who've just been released--happy, but mostly disoriented.

He's only had 2 losing seasons.  I'm not surprised he didn't get fired when he was making the playoffs every year.  He also resurrected Brett Favre's career.  I mean I think he's become stale and rather boring as an offensive coach now... but I'm not surprised they didn't fire him after, say, 2015 when Rodgers choked against Seattle.  

I've come to think old #12 escapes a lot of criticism because of his insane talent and stats, but he's not a great 'gotta win the game at the end" QB unless you need a hail mary.   Stats back it up.  His QB rating when his team is down late with 4 minutes or less is not good compared to the rest.  Just look at the 4th quarter turd he laid against NE earlier this season for an example.  

He's obviously great among QB's, but it's ridiculous people talk about him like he's the greatest of all time.
(12-02-2018, 10:45 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 10:20 PM)NOLA Wrote: Laughing my ass off at the McCarthy firing.  Can't believe that didn't happen years ago.  My Packers friends are like hostages who've just been released--happy, but mostly disoriented.

He's only had 2 losing seasons.  I'm not surprised he didn't get fired when he was making the playoffs every year.  He also resurrected Brett Favre's career.  I mean I think he's become stale and rather boring as an offensive coach now... but I'm not surprised they didn't fire him after, say, 2015 when Rodgers choked against Seattle.  

I've come to think old #12 escapes a lot of criticism because of his insane talent and stats, but he's not a great 'gotta win the game at the end" QB unless you need a hail mary.   Stats back it up.  His QB rating when his team is down late with 4 minutes or less is not good compared to the rest.  Just look at the 4th quarter turd he laid against NE earlier this season for an example.  

He's obviously great among QB's, but it's ridiculous people talk about him like he's the greatest of all time.

Well, this goes back to Brees' place in the all-time greats list, and I think you know how I feel.

Also... "they're so innovative!"

Panthers "shaking up staff". Usually the first sign of a head coach who is next to go.
(12-03-2018, 06:20 PM)Razorchief Wrote: Panthers "shaking up staff".  Usually the first sign of a head coach who is next to go.

Well, Norv Turner is new there, so Rivera's really running out of people to blame.