Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celebration Confusion
I see players, hell entire defensive or offensive units, doing elaborate celebrations and not getting called for Unsportsmanlike Conduct. Then I see Hill do his little 2 finger thing which he always does and he gets nailed for 15. Marcus Peters took his helmet off, and talked to by a ref, and nothing. Is there actually a standard for what is or isn't a penalty? Hill's seem's minor compared to some of the choreographed ballets
(11-22-2018, 03:39 PM)Razorchief Wrote: I see players, hell entire defensive or offensive units, doing elaborate celebrations and not getting called for Unsportsmanlike Conduct. Then I see Hill do his little 2 finger thing which he always does and he gets nailed for 15. Marcus Peters took his helmet off, and talked to by a ref, and nothing. Is there actually a standard for what is or isn't a penalty? Hill's seem's minor compared to some of the choreographed ballets

His was considered taunting which is illegal. Supposed to be every time but some ref crews let it go.
(11-22-2018, 03:55 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:
(11-22-2018, 03:39 PM)Razorchief Wrote: I see players, hell entire defensive or offensive units, doing elaborate celebrations and not getting called for Unsportsmanlike Conduct. Then I see Hill do his little 2 finger thing which he always does and he gets nailed for 15. Marcus Peters took his helmet off, and talked to by a ref, and nothing. Is there actually a standard for what is or isn't a penalty? Hill's seem's minor compared to some of the choreographed ballets

His was considered taunting which is illegal. Supposed to be every time but some ref crews let it go.

So the elaborate choreographed dance routines are NOT taunting? I fail to see the illogic of the NFL on this. Hill does that every single time. I was watching the Bears/Lions today and the Bears DB with the pick six high step and waltzes backwards. That isn't taunting?
(11-22-2018, 04:08 PM)Razorchief Wrote:
(11-22-2018, 03:55 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:

So the elaborate choreographed dance routines are NOT taunting? I fail to see the illogic of the NFL on this. Hill does that every single time. I was watching the Bears/Lions today and the Bears DB with the pick six high step and waltzes backwards. That isn't taunting?

I just know how its normally officiated, and if they aren't directly pointing at or standing over someone it's not taunting. Group celebrations have been okay for the past 2 or 3 years. Some refs will let a pointed finger go as long as it's not right in someone's face.
Cheetah and the guys getting in the stands with the video camera was also flagged as "taunting".

There is no consistent standard and it's bullshit. Either you allow celebrations or you don't.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]

Team celebrations are legal, but directly taunting another player is not.

The call on Hill was sketchy since throwing up the deuces is what he does every time, but maybe it was the way he did it.

Either way team celebrations are back and I'm 110% behind it.
(11-23-2018, 11:45 AM)NOLA Wrote:

I 100% sincerely hope to see this at some point.
(11-23-2018, 10:01 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Cheetah and the guys getting in the stands with the video camera was also flagged as "taunting".

There is no consistent standard and it's bullshit.  Either you allow celebrations or you don't.

Props (other than the football) are not allowed.  

There are specific rules and they're WAY BETTER than what they were in the recent past.
(11-23-2018, 12:00 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:

Team celebrations are legal, but directly taunting another player is not.

The call on Hill was sketchy since throwing up the deuces is what he does every time, but maybe it was the way he did it.

Either way team celebrations are back and I'm 110% behind it.

so a guy celebrating a sack is okay? Or the insipid "incomplete" done by every defensive back? Those seem directed at a specific individual. I don't mind the team celebrations just some consistency.