Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyreek thread
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-leaves-...35392.html
(11-13-2018, 02:37 PM)DallasChief Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-leaves-...35392.html

[Image: xYvk6bj.gif]
I just checked the online voting and it looks like they added him now.
I mean. I get why they would want to shy away from him. If he wins it will open up a whole can of worms for them.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
(11-13-2018, 03:37 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: I mean. I get why they would want to shy away from him. If he wins it will open up a whole can of worms for them.

That NFL players should be recognized for playing their positions?
(11-13-2018, 03:39 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 03:37 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: I mean. I get why they would want to shy away from him. If he wins it will open up a whole can of worms for them.

The backlash against putting someone with a history of domestic abuse into the spotlight like that.
(11-13-2018, 03:47 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:

The backlash against putting someone with a history of domestic abuse into the spotlight like that.

Oh, sure, Tyreek is definitely the first guy they're done that with.  Also, the guy best known for it.
(11-13-2018, 04:06 PM)NOLA Wrote:

Oh, sure, Tyreek is definitely the first guy they're done that with.  Also, the guy best known for it.

I haven't sat through a single Steelers game in a decade without someone pointing out their QB is a rapist.  

Granted, that's because I do it every time the Steelers play... but if I didn't I'm sure someone else would.
(11-13-2018, 06:56 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:

I haven't sat through a single Steelers game in a decade without someone pointing out their QB is a rapist.  

Granted, that's because I do it every time the Steelers play... but if I didn't I'm sure someone else would.

Unlike the Steelers rapist, Ty Hill went through everything asked of him and made amends.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(11-13-2018, 07:52 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 06:56 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 03:39 PM)NOLA Wrote: That NFL players should be recognized for playing their positions?

Unlike the Steelers rapist, Ty Hill went through everything asked of him and made amends.

As far as I know he's been a model citizen.  He never ran away from what he did or made excuses for it.  He accepted all of the consequences for it.  The child was born healthy and he has a positive relationship with her now.  It nearly cost him a world of opportunity.  Being a good football player doesn't redeem him as a person, but him being a good person has seemingly redeemed him as a person. 

As far as I can tell it was also not a pattern of behavior, but one incident that happened in which alcohol was heavily involved.   All of us are capable of being horrible people for a brief moment when we're wasted.  All of us.  

This isn't like LJ where's him getting wasted and slapping bitches in a club (pulling guns was optional) was an annual off-season event.