Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs GAME 11 2018: Chiefs vs Rams (Los Angeles MNF)
(11-21-2018, 04:09 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:
(11-21-2018, 03:26 PM)The_Jonas Wrote: All I'm saying is this: 

[Image: OMRttaY.gif]

He always does that on RPO's.  You could call this lazy footwork, but he's not doing it on accident because he literally does it EVERY TIME Kc runs that RPO.   Usually with an effect similar to the one you see here rather than what we saw on Monday.  

I just don't think people have fully accepted that his footwork is not relevant on a short pass like that.  At all.  He can do that all arm all day with no problem.  He's not normal.  He can rifle the ball from that platform.  

It's not like the ball floated and someone jumped the route. The guy who caught it was being blocked.  It was an awful pass, but it's laughable to blame footwork on a short pass like that from a guy who's demonstrated every week how little conventional footwork means to his accuracy and velocity.  A deeper or moderate pass sure... but that little dinky 8 yard RPO pass?  I've seen Mahomes complete more difficult passes with exactly 0 feet on the ground.

We can agree to disagree, but I wanted to show you the gif.

To be fair he at least stepped with that gif. And on Monday night he was completely flat footed. Granted he stepped away from where he threw in that gif but still probably helps out more zip.

And to be clear, I agree with you that the only reason that this is a conversation is because the announcers said it which is a ridiculous concept that I have hated since the replacement refs game where the whole narrative was that because two refs were doing different arm movements that they didn't have any idea what they were doing and that was BS because it happens all the time.

Wow that was a long sentence. 

I agree with you, not lazy footwork, just a bad throw.

I think one can make the argument that the throw was a bit lazy, which might have been what he meant when he said he 'babied' it in there.
(11-21-2018, 06:26 PM)DallasChief Wrote: It’s not clear to me if tyecopeland is agreeing with Jonas or not.

Two things can be true at once.  I think that's his (100% correct) case.

He saw two people kinda talking past each other so he tried to mediate.
(11-21-2018, 03:26 PM)The_Jonas Wrote: All I'm saying is this: 

[Image: OMRttaY.gif]

He always does that on RPO's.  You could call this lazy footwork, but he's not doing it on accident because he literally does it EVERY TIME Kc runs that RPO.   Usually with an effect similar to the one you see here rather than what we saw on Monday.  

I just don't think people have fully accepted that his footwork is not relevant on a short pass like that.  At all.  He can do that all arm all day with no problem.  He's not normal.  He can rifle the ball from that platform.  

It's not like the ball floated and someone jumped the route. The guy who caught it was being blocked.  It was an awful pass, but it's laughable to blame footwork on a short pass like that from a guy who's demonstrated every week how little conventional footwork means to his accuracy and velocity.  A deeper or moderate pass sure... but that little dinky 8 yard RPO pass?  I've seen Mahomes complete more difficult passes with exactly 0 feet on the ground.

We can agree to disagree, but I wanted to show you the gif.

Yes, he has done that before, I'm not disputing that.  I'm just pointing out that during the INT at the Rams game, his foot was flat, unlike the gif above.  I do not recall seeing him step forward on that particular throw.

The above gif also shows the receiver going inside, which makes the pass shorter (and easier, if done correctly, which he did on the above gif) from point A to point B, not outside.  The outside, he was going further away (distance wise) from point A to point B.

I can accept the argument of that Schwartz should have blocked his man down or out of the passing lane. The DE did kind of jumped the route.

I'm not concerned who's right, who's wrong, whatever.  I'm just glad to have an actual football discussion (along with typecopeland) and everyone has their own opinions.
I think the kid just got tired
[Image: HG.gif]
This was an awesome game to see in person. LA Rams fans are so much better than Charger fans. Even though we had plenty of KC fans in the stands, they were loud. It was impressive. Such a fun game to spend surrounded by people just enjoying a good game.

I honestly thought we were going to win when we got the ball back after worse clock management than Andy Reid. But it was not to be. The worst part of the game was leaving the stadium.... The exits to the LA Memorial Coliseum are just stupid! There is not enough space for the amount of people trying to leave with the limited number of exits that they have open.

All in all, I will go to a game there again, it was a good experience.
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!
(11-22-2018, 11:30 AM)mabbott Wrote: This was an awesome game to see in person. LA Rams fans are so much better than Charger fans. Even though we had plenty of KC fans in the stands, they were loud. It was impressive.  Such a fun game to spend surrounded by people just enjoying a good game.

I honestly thought we were going to win when we got the ball back after worse clock management than Andy Reid. But it was not to be. The worst part of the game was leaving the stadium.... The exits to the LA Memorial Coliseum are just stupid!  There is not enough space for the amount of people trying to leave with the limited number of exits that they have open.

I know!  That was shocking, right?

Anyway, glad you had a good time, man.  That was an epic game.
(11-22-2018, 11:32 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(11-22-2018, 11:30 AM)mabbott Wrote: This was an awesome game to see in person. LA Rams fans are so much better than Charger fans. Even though we had plenty of KC fans in the stands, they were loud. It was impressive.  Such a fun game to spend surrounded by people just enjoying a good game.

I honestly thought we were going to win when we got the ball back after worse clock management than Andy Reid. But it was not to be. The worst part of the game was leaving the stadium.... The exits to the LA Memorial Coliseum are just stupid!  There is not enough space for the amount of people trying to leave with the limited number of exits that they have open.

I know!  That was shocking, right?

Anyway, glad you had a good time, man.  That was an epic game.
The fans around me were all saying the same thing... wtf is he thinking throwing the ball... just run it!  Even if it was three and out, you would have forced KC to use their time outs and used some of the clock up.  I agree that that game was epic!  The LA fans kept saying to us "see you in the Super Bowl"....  that would be epic!!!
Oh, I forgot to say, our secondary is garbage! It was painful to watch how poorly the CB play was. There were many penalties that could have been called against them above and beyond the ones that were called.