Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs GAME 11 2018: Chiefs vs Rams (Los Angeles MNF)
The Chiefs entered this week as an underdog. I'm guessing it's because of the perception that the Rams have a better defense, but statistically we're about the same. They allow 0.9 less PPG (24 vs. 23.1) which is effectively a margin of error type of difference, but exactly the same yards per play (6.0) and we've been ascending whereas they have been regressing on defense.

We'll hear about how the Rams will beat us because of pass rush, but the Chiefs are tied for the league lead in sacks (31) and the Rams are tied for 9th (26). We have more INTs (11 vs. 7). We even have slightly have more forced fumbles (10 vs. 9). We are the big play defense in this matchup.

Our defense is better. Our special teams are better. Our WRs are better. Our TE is better. I guess I'll give them the edge on RB, but not by much. But most importantly, our QB is better, and elite QBs make careers out of beating good and even great system QBs.
Apparently, the playing surface is so shitty in Mexico City that they're still considering moving the game to LA, which I think would ironically give the Chiefs a home game.*

(*This is because I bet there's 50,000+ more Chiefs fans in LA who would show up on short notice than there are Rams fans, not because I think they'd move the game to KC because of the fires in LA.)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25262...d-concerns
(11-13-2018, 09:55 AM)NOLA Wrote: Apparently, the playing surface is so shitty in Mexico City that they're still considering moving the game to LA, which I think would ironically give the Chiefs a home game.*  

(*This is because I bet there's 50,000+ more Chiefs fans in LA who would show up on short notice than there are Rams fans, not because I think they'd move the game to KC because of the fires in LA.)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25262...d-concerns

Do the right thing NFL. Don't get your stars hurt for your imaginary attempts at expanding the league internationally.
Seems like they are also considering postponing the game. Interesting fact, both the Rams and Chiefs have a week 12 bye. MNF that week is Titans vs. Texans. Double header maybe?
(11-13-2018, 12:36 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: Seems like they are also considering postponing the game. Interesting fact, both the Rams and Chiefs have a week 12 bye. MNF that week is Titans vs. Texans. Double header maybe?

Photos of the field at the link.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mexic...the-table/

If I were Andy Reid or Sean McVay, I would refuse to let my players on the field.  If they both do it, the NFL can't really do anything about it.  There's precedent for this sort of thing, and I'm pretty sure it was Andy at the old Vet in Philly back in the McNab days.
IMO, if it was Brady vs Brees they wouldn't think twice.

But maybe I'm cynical.

IMO the right thing to do is play in LA.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(11-13-2018, 12:58 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: IMO, if it was Brady vs Brees they wouldn't think twice.

But maybe I'm cynical.

IMO the right thing to do is play in LA.

I think you're right, but I think there might actually be enough people who realize that Brees and Brady are both 40, and Goff v. Mahomes is a ratings juggernaut for 15+ years if they don't get hurt.  That's money on the table right there.
I guess they're laying new sod and stuff as needed. Field should be fine, though I imagine still far from perfect.
Yeah, and when Mahomes or Goff or Hunt or Gurley slip on a piece of loose sod and go down, the NFL will say, "oops, our bad".
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(11-13-2018, 01:30 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: I guess they're laying new sod and stuff as needed. Field should be fine, though I imagine still far from perfect.

ESPN still saying the NFL hasn't made a decision.