Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for some Kareem love
(11-06-2018, 04:34 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:
(11-06-2018, 04:31 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(11-06-2018, 04:17 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: Just saw some pundit say the chiefs weakness is they don't have a run game.

Kareem is number 3 in the league in rushing.

They're also 13th as a team in total rushing and 8th in YPC.  

I'd like to know who this alleged expert is.

It was Tomlinson 

Ah.  Former player going homer for his old team and rationalizing it.  

I won't hold it against him.
(11-06-2018, 04:13 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 10:59 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 08:47 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: This o-line would be horrible with Brady under center. I don't really give them any credit.

Yeah... it wasn't a great line when everyone was healthy, but losing the doctor was a real turning point.

Meh, Brady isn't a mobile guy, but he tends to do fine and in his entire career he's played with one GREAT linemen...and Belichick wouldn't pay him so he left. 

Ever since 06 I don't doubt Brady can get the job done better than most with nothing but a trash offensive roster.

KC still has two pretty good offensive tackles and they've been healthy.

I mostly was just lamenting LDT.  I really do think the line has been noticeably worse without him.  It was a tipping point.
(11-06-2018, 05:48 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(11-06-2018, 04:13 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 10:59 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 08:47 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: This o-line would be horrible with Brady under center. I don't really give them any credit.

Yeah... it wasn't a great line when everyone was healthy, but losing the doctor was a real turning point.

Meh, Brady isn't a mobile guy, but he tends to do fine and in his entire career he's played with one GREAT linemen...and Belichick wouldn't pay him so he left. 

Ever since 06 I don't doubt Brady can get the job done better than most with nothing but a trash offensive roster.

KC still has two pretty good offensive tackles and they've been healthy.

I mostly was just lamenting LDT.  I really do think the line has been noticeably worse without him.  It was a tipping point.
 It all started with that.  Then Morse got hurt, and then Devey got hurt, and I think some other replacement ended up on IR as well.  

I mean we're down to like 3rd string C and RG, and it's actually created more than a few issues with bad snaps.  We're screwed at RG, but I really wish Morse would get back from that concussion.  Unlike the foot injury last year I don't think it will hamper his play, and he was playing VERY well before he got KO'd on what I thought was a bit of a cheap shot.

Since it's two years in a row, he's already getting the 'always injured' knock even though the two injuries were unrelated and had no real issues in his first two seasons.

Schwartz is having his best seasons since he got here.  He's been OUTSTANDING this year.  All pro worthy maybe.  I don't read PFF grades.  He's visibly beaten far less often than Fisher.