Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs 2018 IR List
I'll update this on occasion.

OG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif
S Dan Sorensen
WR Byron Pringle
S Armani Watts

And news is breaking that WR D'Anthony Thomas broke his leg in practice. I do not see him on IR yet.  No guarantee he'll go there yet.

Reminder that we can only bring back 2 from IR for the year.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
Bummer about DAT. Keep hearing that Dr. LDT will be back, but I'm really skeptical.
The fact that Berry was never IR'd is either going to end up being incredibly stupid or quite advantageous at the end of the year, leaning towards the former. I doubt we need Pringle as a WR/KR, but we could sure use LDTMD, Sorensen, and Watts would be of great importance to get back.

If and when DAT gets IR'd, he'd also not be as pressing of a need to get back this year. Conley and Robinson have different skillsets than DAT, but there's no real drop off between the 3. Kemp should be a serviceable 5th WR.

But of all these guys the ones most likely to return are probably Sorensen and LDTMD in my estimation. Sorensen is probably pretty close to ready and LDTMD's injury is apparently not as bad as it sounds and he is the most important player currently on IR.
What is Watt’s injury?
(10-12-2018, 01:55 PM)NOLA Wrote: Bummer about DAT.  Keep hearing that Dr. LDT will be back, but I'm really skeptical.

Yeah, I think the optimistic reports of him returning were gone after they did the x-ray and found out what kind of fracture it was.
(10-12-2018, 08:15 PM)DallasChief Wrote: What is Watt’s injury?

Groin injury was what was initially reported during the game. It must be severe to put him on IR, I think they already performed some kind of surgery on it.
(10-12-2018, 10:02 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 08:15 PM)DallasChief Wrote: What is Watt’s injury?

Groin injury was what was initially reported during the game. It must be severe to put him on IR, I think they already performed some kind of surgery on it.

Yep he mentioned it online.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
They officially IR'd DAT, calling up S Leon McQuay. I had no idea McQuay, a 6th round pick of ours from last year, was still on our PS.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/10/1...eon-mcquay

McQuay didn't play well in preseason. That can easily be forgiven if he plays well now, but surely he's got to play better than emergency safety Marcus Kemp would.
I'm surprised that the Chiefs haven't considered (or if they have, there probably weren't very many good options?) finding a player from some other team's practice squad that could provide us young cheap OLB/ILB/S depth.
(10-14-2018, 12:34 AM)Coach Wrote: I'm surprised that the Chiefs haven't considered (or if they have, there probably weren't very many good options?) finding a player from some other team's practice squad that could provide us young cheap OLB/ILB/S depth.

They did sign OLB Nate Orchard, so clearly they've at least looked elsewhere.