Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC Sports Radio
Until I get a j-o-b, I tend to listen to sports radio while I'm at home.

I'm finding it "meh" except when the Arrowhead Pride guys are on (usually on 610).

Speaking of 610, the midday show, Show & Vern , is horrible.  HORRIBLE. 

I dunno which one is Show and which one is Vern for sure.  I'm guessing the one that annoys me the most is Show, maybe? Whichever one that has the literally dumbest takes I've ever heard... that guy needs to go. It's like he says stuff just to get attention, and that makes him an asshat.

What do you listen to in KC for sports, and why?  Who's got the best take?
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(10-01-2018, 11:04 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Until I get a j-o-b, I tend to listen to sports radio while I'm at home.

I'm finding it "meh" except when the Arrowhead Pride guys are on (usually on 610).

I dunno which one is Show and which one is Vern for sure.  I'm guessing the one that annoys me the most is Show, maybe? Whichever one that has the literally dumbest takes I've ever heard... that guy needs to go. It's like he says stuff just to get attention, and that makes him an asshat.

Soren Petro on 810 is the better midday show, so I mostly listen to 810. Actually I really like their Border Patrol morning show too, very immature stuff but it plays well. Not a fan of Kevin Keitzman (sp?) in the afternoon, but he's became a lot easier to listen to now that Danny is gone and Mahomes is winning us games. Their postgame show (Danny and Jack Harry) is absolute garbage though.

The Arrowhead Pride guys are really the only ones I listen to on 610, mostly as a podcast. I live far enough away that 610 doesn't always come in clearly too.

On gameday 101 has a pretty good broadcast leading up to the game and postgame.

EDIT: Forgot to say good luck on the job search.
I listen to 610 except for Fescoe. He's the worst.

I like Carrington Harrison a lot. I think he's easily the best radio personality in KC. I don't actually hate Show and Vern. At least they talk about the Chiefs almost all the time, which is not something I hear when I listen to any show on 810. I dislike every show on 810.
(10-01-2018, 11:40 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 11:04 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Until I get a j-o-b, I tend to listen to sports radio while I'm at home.

Soren Petro on 810 is the better midday show, so I mostly listen to 810. Actually I really like their Border Patrol morning show too, very immature stuff but it plays well. Not a fan of Kevin Keitzman (sp?) in the afternoon, but he's became a lot easier to listen to now that Danny is gone and Mahomes is winning us games. Their postgame show (Danny and Jack Harry) is absolute garbage though.

The Arrowhead Pride guys are really the only ones I listen to on 610, mostly as a podcast. I live far enough away that 610 doesn't always come in clearly too.

On gameday 101 has a pretty good broadcast leading up to the game and postgame.

EDIT: Forgot to say good luck on the job search.

Thanks. I have a 2nd interview tomorrow that is looking very, very promising.
Border Patrol and Petro are the way to go. Keitzman sucks, I am so glad that Fucktard Danny is gone. There is also an FM channel 94.5 which is ESPN most of the day and then turns into a local KC later in the day
[Image: HG.gif]
(10-03-2018, 10:59 AM)HG Wrote: Border Patrol and Petro are the way to  go.  Keitzman sucks,  I am so glad that Fucktard Danny is gone.   There is also an FM channel 94.5 which is ESPN most of the day and then turns into a local KC later in the day

I will have to check out that FM channel.  My car radio in particular doesn't like AM much.
Any of you KC Sports radio nuts happen to hear whether Watkins practiced this afternoon? I liked his progress in weeks 2 and 3, and I think his absence was pretty noticeable on Monday.
He has been practicing all week. Everyone but Berry has been full participants.
(10-04-2018, 09:00 PM)DallasChief Wrote: He has been practicing all week. Everyone but Berry has been full participants.

Sammy was listed as "limited" yesterday. : shrug: #imisstheshrugemoticon #saveshrug
Thursday's injury report.  Ford and Watkins were limited, but still practiced.  I anticipate they both will play on Sunday, barring any major setbacks.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2018_10_04_at_4.56.13_PM.png]