Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Fantasy Football Thread
Starting a new one since I am on my phone and can’t find the super old one. We drafted last night and I went in with Chiefs, snagging Kelce in the second and Mahomes in the 8th round. I missed Hill in the 3rd by one pick but am trying to trade for him now. Guy with Tyreek is light on TE and I also have Evan Engram. Thinking of offering Engram + Allen Robinson for Reek or maybe Reek plus Seferian-Jenkins. Does that seem seasonable in a PPR league?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(08-24-2018, 08:06 AM)BrooklynChiefsFan Wrote: Starting a new one since I am on my phone and can’t find the super old one. We drafted last night and I went in with Chiefs, snagging Kelce in the second and Mahomes in the 8th round. I missed Hill in the 3rd by one pick but am trying to trade for him now. Guy with Tyreek is light on TE and I also have Evan Engram. Thinking of offering Engram + Allen Robinson for Reek or maybe Reek plus Seferian-Jenkins. Does that seem seasonable in a PPR league?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if he goes for either, it's a good trade for you.  I don't imagine there's a lot of upside to Robinson this year.  And I say that as someone who has him in dynasty and would love for him to have some upside this year.
I'm going to be in 2 leagues this year. The 14 team non-PPR league that I won last year shaved off some dead weight and is now an 11 team league. Yeah, I know 11 is a weird number and so there will be bye weeks and other nonsense.

Also, I'm in a new 10 team 1/2 point PPR money league. Including me there's 4 of the same guys in it. I've never been in a money league before, but it's only something like a $20 or $25 buy in, so it still basically is for bragging rights.

Both leagues draft Sunday evening a couple hours apart. Tonight and tomorrow I'll probably do a couple mock drafts to prep for it.
I got talked into a league that I successfully quit a few years ago.  $25 buy-in that someone else paid for me.  I drafted 14 of 14 (snake draft).  Below is my haul.  Should I hate my team or not?

RB:
Cook (14)
Gordon (15)
Kerryon Johnson
Austin Ekeler (handcuff for Gordon)
Frank Gore

WR:
Doug Baldwin (3rd/4th round)
Robert Woods
Courtland Sutton
Ted Ginn, Jr.

QB:
Cam Newton (3rd/4th round)
Mahomes

TE:
Jordan Reed
Cameron Brate

D/ST:
Ravens
Pats

K:
Butker
I like Cook and Gordon. I like Reed considering he's got Captain Checkdown at the helm. I like Mahomes for upside potential, and Cam will always get you those extra points off of runs. Not a fan or your receivers, outside of Baldwin.

Then again, I know how bad 14 team drafts look. Pretty standard fare.
(08-29-2018, 04:31 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: I like Cook and Gordon. I like Reed considering he's got Captain Checkdown at the helm. I like Mahomes for upside potential, and Cam will always get you those extra points off of runs. Not a fan or your receivers, outside of Baldwin.

Then again, I know how bad 14 team drafts look. Pretty standard fare.

Yeah, I'm normally a wide receiver early guy, but a lot of people did some weird shit (blew it in my opinion) in the first round, and I felt like Cook and Gordon were the rock on which I had to build my church sitting at 14/15 and waiting to draft again until 46/47.  There just aren't running backs still there at that point.  You nailed the reason I drafted Reed, and I got him really late as well because after Gronk and Kelce--who at the swing spot of a snake draft I had no shot at--why bother?

Thanks.  I think this team is probably better than I think it is, but it looks very different from how I usually build a redraft team.
Here's my 2 drafts. First, the brand new 10 team 1/2 point PPR money league, drafted 8th in a snake draft:

QB
Jared Goff
Handsome Jimmy Garoppolo
Mitchell Trubisky

RB
Dalvin Cook
Kenyan Drake
Joe Mixon
Tarik Cohen
Duke Johnson, Jr.
Latavius Murray

WR
Julio Jones
Adam Thielen
Marvin Jones, Jr.
JuJu Smith-Schuster

TE
David Njoku

D/ST
Pats

K
Graham Gano

Starters
1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 7 BENCH

Potential Team Names:
Goff Kids
Bad JuJu
Team Powerthirst (because a dude is named Kenyan... ancient Internet meme from 2007, but my friends will get it)
Suggestions are welcome.

Yes, I accidentally drafted a 3rd QB because I forgot I already had 2. Still, I figure at least one of the young guys will take off, so it's a smart bet. I've got real quality at WR and numbers at RB. I can probably trade a RB later in the year if I need something.

I'll hold on to all 3 QBs until I really need the spot, but at some point I'll try to add a backup TE or another WR. Totally plan on stealing a quality D/ST when someone puts one out on bye. People started drafting D/STs stupid early.

Just don't want to get last. Winner of the Consolation Bracket gets to rename the last place team all year (I voted for until the end of the 1st week of the new season, but these guys want to be brutal).

Now, the 11 team Non-PPR league, also drafted 8th in a snake draft (collusion and Russian hackers at work, no doubt):

QB
Carson Wentz
Patrick Mahomes

RB
Kenyan Drake
Melvin Gordon
Tarik Cohen
Duke Johnson, Jr.
James White

WR
Antonio Brown
Marvin Jones, Jr.
Robert Woods
Julian Edelman
Josh Doctson
John Ross

TE
Zach Ertz
Vance McDonald

D/ST
Pats

K
Greg Zuerlein

Starters
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 7 BENCH

Potential Team Names:
My Ball Zach Ertz
Rolling with Mahomes

Since there's no money to this league and I won it last year so I don't have anything to prove, I took more risks. Wentz, Edelman, Mahomes, and Gordon are prime examples of this. Yes, a lot of the same players.

This draft has a ton of Chiefs fans, so Kelce and Hunt were off the board allowing me to pick Brown in the 1st. I could have picked Hill at one point, but I mistakenly assumed he was off the board already. Not a fan off my backup WRs, but I can always look to upgrade off of the waiver wire, it resets every week in both leagues.
My point per qb completion and ppr league draft

1 Qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex, k, def

QB
Andrew luck
Alex smith

RB (get ready for a lengthy list)
Saquan barkely
Melvin Gordon
Royce Freeman
Dion Lewis
Tevin Coleman
Marshawn Lynch
Duke Johnson
James Connor

WR
Adam Thielen 
Golden Tate
Pierre Garcon
Alshon Jeffrey

TE
Jordan Reed
Tyler Eifert
Vernon Davis

K
No kicker 

DEF
NE
(08-30-2018, 09:54 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: My point per qb completion and ppr league draft

QB
Andrew luck
Alex smith

Saquan barkely
Melvin Gordon
Royce Freeman
Dion Lewis
Tevin Coleman
Marshawn Lynch
Duke Johnson
James Connor

WR
Adam Thielen 
Golden Tate
Pierre Garcon
Alshon Jeffrey

TE
Jordan Reed
Tyler Eifert
Vernon Davis

K
No kicker 

DEF
NE

WRs are lacking. Might try to work a trade with all of those RBs for a quality WR. I like the risk on Jeffrey though. It seems hilarious, but considering Reed's injury history it may be worth it to handcuff your TE.

I've heard of not drafting a kicker before, but it is interesting to see someone actually do it in favor of a flier.
(08-30-2018, 10:38 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 09:54 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: My point per qb completion and ppr league draft

QB
Andrew luck
Alex smith

Saquan barkely
Melvin Gordon
Royce Freeman
Dion Lewis
Tevin Coleman
Marshawn Lynch
Duke Johnson
James Connor

WR
Adam Thielen 
Golden Tate
Pierre Garcon
Alshon Jeffrey

TE
Jordan Reed
Tyler Eifert
Vernon Davis

K
No kicker 

DEF
NE

WRs are lacking. Might try to work a trade with all of those RBs for a quality WR. I like the risk on Jeffrey though. It seems hilarious, but considering Reed's injury history it may be worth it to handcuff your TE.

I've heard of not drafting a kicker before, but it is interesting to see someone actually do it in favor of a flier.

I did draft davis as the handcuff to reed. And as far as jeffrey, I took him knowing I could put him in an ir spot and pick up a kicker for week 1 without having to drop anyone. I wanted edelman for that purpose but he got picked 1 round before I was going to get him.