Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avengers: Infinity War Spoiler Thread - NO CHI-TOWNS ALLOWED!!!
Holy shit man.  What a movie.  Once you've seen it start posting your spoiler-filled thoughts here.
Looks like I picked the right hero to have as my favorite.  AND A RED SKULL SIGHTING!!!!!  WOW!
[Image: HG.gif]
(04-28-2018, 08:35 PM)HG Wrote: Looks like I picked the right hero to have as my favorite.  AND A RED SKULL SIGHTING!!!!!  WOW!

Thor had an awesome role in this movie.  Stormbreaker is rad.  The Red Skull thing was an unresolved plot-point I never thought they'd address... was that Hugo Weaving?
No it wasn't, sadly.  Yeah.  Thor kicked ass as he should.  Im a happy camper but I do have a couple observations and theory's.   All the original Avengers survived.  and just Rocket for the Guardians.  Everyone else is gone.  (not counting Okoye or Wong).  I think we have some permanent deaths here.  Every one that turned to dust will be brought back.  But those actually killed such as Loki, and Gamora are gone for good.  Vision isnt truly dead and that little gal in Wakonda should be able to revive him.  But how can they be brought back?  Simple, they never left.  Their souls are trapped in the Soul Stone.

Favorite part of the movie was of course.  Thor start to finish.  Period.  Hands down.  Without question.  Im happy.

Saddest death.  At first I would have said Spiderman.  But then I look at it from the other side.  Its got to be Gamora.  What Thanos put himself through to do that was really something else.

Whos fault is it that half the universe is dead.  Star Lords. If he didnt react that quickly to Gamoras death then they would have gotten the gauntlet.  Some might say that it was Dr. Stranges fault for giving up the time stone.  But if you remember the Doc was ina trance looking at so many ways that they were beaten.  Only one was successful and he knew he had to give up the eye in order for Tony to survive to make it to the next film.  

Issues.  None really but there are a couple omissions.  No Hawkeye, Antman or Wasp.  No Phil Coulson. (No Immigrant Song)
(04-28-2018, 09:54 PM)HG Wrote: No it wasn't, sadly.  Yeah.  Thor kicked ass as he should.  Im a happy camper but I do have a couple observations and theory's.   All the original Avengers survived.  and just Rocket for the Guardians.  Everyone else is gone.  (not counting Okoye or Wong).  I think we have some permanent deaths here.  Every one that turned to dust will be brought back.  But those actually killed such as Loki, and Gamora are gone for good.  Vision isnt truly dead and that little gal in Wakonda should be able to revive him.  But how can they be brought back?  Simple, they never left.  Their souls are trapped in the Soul Stone.

Favorite part of the movie was of course.  Thor start to finish.  Period.  Hands down.  Without question.  Im happy.

Saddest death.  At first I would have said Spiderman.  But then I look at it from the other side.  Its got to be Gamora.  What Thanos put himself through to do that was really something else.

Whos fault is it that half the universe is dead.  Star Lords. If he didnt react that quickly to Gamoras death then they would have gotten the gauntlet.  Some might say that it was Dr. Stranges fault for giving up the time stone.  But if you remember the Doc was ina trance looking at so many ways that they were beaten.  Only one was successful and he knew he had to give up the eye in order for Tony to survive to make it to the next film.  

Issues.  None really but there are a couple omissions.  No Hawkeye, Antman or Wasp.  No Phil Coulson. (No Immigrant Song)

I noticed that it's the original Avengers who all survived, along with a few others as you said (Rhodey!).  And I agree that Loki and Gamora are probably really dead.  I think leaving Rocket as the only Guardian not disappeared sets up a really interesting thread for the next Guardians movie, as Rocket's greatest fear is being rejected by people, which Yandu called him out on in GotGv2.  This is the first time we've really seen him try to embrace other people... trying to talk to Thor about Thor's recent losses was a huge sign of growth for him.  James Gunn was apparently heavily involved in this movie, going so far as to write all of the Guardians' dialogue.  I'm wondering if it was his idea to disappear everybody but Rocket.  And of course, losing Gamora (after losing his mother and father) is going to define Quill's next big storyline in GotGv3.  And I think Nebula will take Gamora's spot on the team, which will be cool if only because no movie has really made good use of her character yet.

I'm not sure how Coulson would have fit, but more importantly, I can't see how they manage to tie-in Agents of SHIELD to half the planet disappearing, especially because the next two Marvel movies before Avengers 4 are both set prior to Infinity War.
http://www.didthanoskill.me/

Good luck.

Incidentally, Thanos spared me.  Ha!  Ha, I say!
I heard the worst positive review of this movie possible the other day by Mike golic jr on what used to be mike and mike. He said that if you hadn't watched basically all the previous marvel movies that this movie would probably be a little hard to keep up with because it was very busy but that if you already put in the sweat equity that you should definitely go see it and that it was an amazing movie. Well of course anyone who had already seen all the marvel movies was going to go see it. So dumb. Not that I was going to watch it but that review made it even less likely that I cared about it.
(05-04-2018, 01:56 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: I heard the worst positive review of this movie possible the other day by Mike golic jr on what used to be mike and mike. He said that if you hadn't watched basically all the previous marvel movies that this movie would probably be a little hard to keep up with because it was very busy but that if you already put in the sweat equity that you should definitely go see it and that it was an amazing movie. Well of course anyone who had already seen all the marvel movies was going to go see it. So dumb. Not that I was going to watch it but that review made it even less likely that I cared about it.

And yet.................you never said a thing about the movie.  Just what others would think.  All that typing for saying nothing.  You have my nomination for worst post of the year.
(05-04-2018, 09:34 PM)HG Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 01:56 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: I heard the worst positive review of this movie possible the other day by Mike golic jr on what used to be mike and mike. He said that if you hadn't watched basically all the previous marvel movies that this movie would probably be a little hard to keep up with because it was very busy but that if you already put in the sweat equity that you should definitely go see it and that it was an amazing movie. Well of course anyone who had already seen all the marvel movies was going to go see it. So dumb. Not that I was going to watch it but that review made it even less likely that I cared about it.

And yet.................you never said a thing about the movie.  Just what others would think.  All that typing for saying nothing.  You have my nomination for worst post of the year.

I can't say anything about the movie, I've not seen it nor have I even seen any trailers for it.  And most of my post was someone else's review of it which also said absolutely nothing about the movie itself which was the point of my post.
Prepare the walls! I have seen it! 

Honestly it was amazing. The only fault I have with it wasn't with the film itself but with my knowledge of comics. The infinity gauntlet is the story of thanos wiping out half the universe so I figured that would be the cliffhanger. 

And this film kind of undoes ragnarok. I mean asgard really got the short end of the stick here .
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates