Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloverfield (Again)
Also just so we are clear. i really liked the first 2 movies. I like the idea of them being more anthologies than direct sequels.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson
(02-10-2018, 12:41 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 12:26 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 12:34 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 11:38 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 11:28 AM)DallasChief Wrote: I'm interested in watching the one wth John Goodman.  Will I have to have watched the first one to understand the second?

Nope.  They're completely different movies, and arguably not connected at all.  It's also really good.  Goodman is creepy as hell.

Yeah. I really liked the 2nd one.

Truth is with both of the "sequels" weren't even made as sequels. They were both movies that after they were making them they decided to slap the colverfield name on them to interest.

They were MADE the way they were on purpose.

I have no doubt the scripts were all unrelated, but I don't think they just slapped 'cloverfield' on a finished product.  There's easter eggs that connect these films ALL OVER the place.

According to interviews with jj they were well into production of Cloverfield lane before they decided to make it a cloverfield movie. It was originally a script called the cellar. They said they started to notice similarities and decided to lean into it.

Cool.  That does make sense.  I don't doubt the scripts themselves were all unrelated, because they all stand alone very well imo.  

I did, however, think they were all connected before they were shot and edited.

IT's pretty much how it is.  I mean Die Hard was originally a script for a commando sequel.  Can  you imagine?
(02-10-2018, 09:27 PM)The_Jonas Wrote: IT's pretty much how it is.  I mean Die Hard was originally a script for a commando sequel.  Can  you imagine?

Yeah, almost all of the Die Hard films started as something else.

Die Hard 2: Die Harder was based on a novel called 58 Minutes. Die Hard With a Vengeance was originally a script called Simon Says and was nearly a Lethal Weapon movie. Live Free or Die Hard was originally a script called ww3.com that got delayed because of 9/11 supposedly and mixed in some more elements from a Wired magazine article called "A Farewell to Arms". I think A Good Day to Die Hard is the only one that started and finished as a Die Hard movie.