Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs to play Rams at Mexico
www.nfl.com

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Wednesday the Los Angeles Rams will play the Kansas City Chiefs in Mexico City next season.

"Over the past two seasons, we have seen the extraordinary passion that exists for NFL football in Mexico," Goodell said in a statement. "We are excited for another memorable event at Estadio Azteca as the Los Angeles Rams and Kansas City Chiefs head to Mexico City in 2018."

The date and time for the game will be announced later this offseason.

For those who are asking, this is the Ram's home game.  KC does not lose a home game to this.
(01-31-2018, 07:13 PM)Coach Wrote: www.nfl.com

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Wednesday the Los Angeles Rams will play the Kansas City Chiefs in Mexico City next season.

"Over the past two seasons, we have seen the extraordinary passion that exists for NFL football in Mexico," Goodell said in a statement. "We are excited for another memorable event at Estadio Azteca as the Los Angeles Rams and Kansas City Chiefs head to Mexico City in 2018."

The date and time for the game will be announced later this offseason.

For those who are asking, this is the Ram's home game.  KC does not lose a home game to this.

Of course not.  People show up to Chiefs games.  If I were the NFL I would be trying to move all of the LA home games.
For me, this sucks!  I was planning on going to all of the LA games; however, I have no desire to go to Mexico City.
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!
(02-01-2018, 11:06 AM)mabbott Wrote: For me, this sucks!  I was planning on going to all of the LA games; however, I have no desire to go to Mexico City.

Really?  I've actually heard good things.  Not all of Mexico is totally safe for travel, but I hear Mexico City is a cool spot to visit.
Kidnapping capital of the world.
(02-01-2018, 11:14 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 11:06 AM)mabbott Wrote: For me, this sucks!  I was planning on going to all of the LA games; however, I have no desire to go to Mexico City.

Really?  I've actually heard good things.  Not all of Mexico is totally safe for travel, but I hear Mexico City is a cool spot to visit.

Seriously?

I worked with mexicans for years and the primary things they would say are things like "Don't go out after dark" and 'Don't wear anything shiney".

Doesn't exactly sound like tourist destination, and it's not like Mexico has become safer since then.  The cartels and street gangs are more out of control than ever.
(02-02-2018, 06:27 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 11:14 AM)NOLA Wrote:

Seriously?

I worked with mexicans for years and the primary things they would say are things like "Don't go out after dark" and 'Don't wear anything shiney".

Doesn't exactly sound like tourist destination, and it's not like Mexico has become safer since then.  The cartels and street gangs are more out of control than ever.

I have friends who were there in August. : shrug:
Just one more game Im not going to next year
[Image: HG.gif]
Me personally, I have no desire to go to Mexico City. I have been to Mexico several times before and it is meh. I like visiting (the key word is visiting) LA because of friends and favorite restaurants, etc.  I am not worried about it being a dangerous place as I have been to far more dangerous places.
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!