Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Alex Smith traded to Washington
Oh God. Could you imagine if that backfires and they have to keep cousins on for the year.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
(02-04-2018, 10:54 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: Oh God. Could you imagine if that backfires and they have to keep cousins on for the year.

I know!  Right?  How great could this get?
All they have to do is get a 2nd rounder and it would be a victory, they won't have leverage but wherever cousins would want to go would be willing to at least give up a 2. So even though he'd have power to pick the place the redskins still are likely to come out ahead.
(02-04-2018, 12:23 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: All they have to do is get a 2nd rounder and it would be a victory, they won't have leverage but wherever cousins would want to go would be willing to at least give up a 2. So even though he'd have power to pick the place the redskins still are likely to come out ahead.

Counterpoint: Dan Snyder is unbelievably stupid.
Finally feeling better. Actually eating solid food instead of just Ensure.

Anyway, now that my head is about me again, I feel absolutely awesome about this. I love what Alex Smith did for this franchise. We traded a lot to get him, but we were in a position where we were a competent coach and QB away from being decent, and Andy and Alex proved that immediately.

We had some good years there, especially compared to the post-Vermeil vomit, but to get back most of our investment in Alex after all those years AND have the first legitimate attempt at a franchise QB since I've been an adult... it all feels good.

Everything about the Alex situation was about as good as it could have been, including that we're getting out now that we're certain we've hit his ceiling rather than being married to mediocrity.

Give me Mahomes and get some players around him! I have the Queen song "I want it all" blaring in my head right now.
(02-04-2018, 01:42 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: Finally feeling better. Actually eating solid food instead of just Ensure.

Anyway, now that my head is about me again, I feel absolutely awesome about this. I love what Alex Smith did for this franchise. We traded a lot to get him, but we were in a position where we were a competent coach and QB away from being decent, and Andy and Alex proved that immediately.

We had some good years there, especially compared to the post-Vermeil vomit, but to get back most of our investment in Alex after all those years AND have the first legitimate attempt at a franchise QB since I've been an adult... it all feels good.

Everything about the Alex situation was about as good as it could have been, including that we're getting out now that we're certain we've hit his ceiling rather than being married to mediocrity.

Give me Mahomes and get some players around him! I have the Queen song "I want it all" blaring in my head right now.

Huh.  I've got "Don't Stop Me Now", but probably just because Shaun of the Dead is awesome.

I do not understand Washington's thinking of potentially tagging Cousins.  They have no leverage at all once they acquired Smith.  Not to mention, if they do try to tag Cousins, then they just burned what, roughly $30-$35 million of salary to a QB on a one year deal (assuming Cousins do sign it)?

And no team in the NFL would take on that amount of salary.  Plus, Cousins could fuck with Washington and sign it, which would be a very expensive contract or a expensive back-up QB.
It's a move straight out of the nba play book. I get it. I think it would work for them.