Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Alex Smith traded to Washington
I've been so sick I haven't eaten but a couple scraps (I'm talking tiny bits) in over 3 days. I've lost 12 lbs or more in a week the bad way. I've never felt this bad in my life. I didn't even know about this until a few minutes ago and I feel just like that "Is this real life" kid.

Let's just go ahead and announce Veach GM for life. That's how I feel about this trade.
(01-31-2018, 09:38 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

This trade was sort of happening in real time on twitter (I really do think the details were getting worked out as the story broke).
I'm assuming when his name got thrown out there as the player he called his agent who told him "I haven't heard anything" so he tweeted that it wasn't him. In the meantime both teams had settled on the compensation and at that point the team made contact with him.

Just kinda how it works when news is being reported as it's being finalized.
DJ Swearinger called the trade "Bullshit" and that Fuller was their best defender. Period. I have yet to see a negative unless the Browns offered their draft (<-hyperbole).
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22271...-offseason
(01-31-2018, 10:45 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 08:58 AM)mabbott Wrote: I was hoping we would get a couple of decent picks for Alex. I am very happy about getting Fuller and a 3rd rounder!  Fuller plays the style of QB that will complement Peters. It will be nice to have a solid secondary again!  QBs will have to pick their poison of which CB to throw at and if they go in the middle hello Eric Berry!

I honestly can't believe that we are already a better team and we are not even to the off season!  Granted a lot of this will be dependent upon how well our new starting QB plays.

I am happy that Alex got a big contract and glad that we don't have to play him twice a year.

From what I've read Fuller has played slot corner so far in his career.  If we move him opposite Peters, that will be a first for him.  That said, if he doesn't excel in the new role, I'd have to imagine we're happy to have a standout slot CB.

I think this is a good trade, though I really want to know what the Browns offered.  I'm glad we didn't do that to Alex, but still... I'm curious.
Nola,  He played slot for the Redskins; however, he was the #1 CB in College.  He was the third best CB for Washington, but I think he was better than their #2.  Getting 4 picks and 10 defended passes as a slot CB is pretty impressive.
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!
(01-31-2018, 12:38 PM)mabbott Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 08:58 AM)mabbott Wrote: I was hoping we would get a couple of decent picks for Alex. I am very happy about getting Fuller and a 3rd rounder!  Fuller plays the style of QB that will complement Peters. It will be nice to have a solid secondary again!  QBs will have to pick their poison of which CB to throw at and if they go in the middle hello Eric Berry!

I honestly can't believe that we are already a better team and we are not even to the off season!  Granted a lot of this will be dependent upon how well our new starting QB plays.

I am happy that Alex got a big contract and glad that we don't have to play him twice a year.

From what I've read Fuller has played slot corner so far in his career.  If we move him opposite Peters, that will be a first for him.  That said, if he doesn't excel in the new role, I'd have to imagine we're happy to have a standout slot CB.

I think this is a good trade, though I really want to know what the Browns offered.  I'm glad we didn't do that to Alex, but still... I'm curious.
Nola,  He played slot for the Redskins; however, he was the #1 CB in College.  He was the third best CB for Washington, but I think he was better than their #2.  Getting 4 picks and 10 defended passes as a slot CB is pretty impressive.

I'm mean, as often as we--or any team in this league--needs to cover a slot receiver, I actually think a Pro Bowl-caliber slot CB is nothing to sneeze at.  I'm just tired of watching people get burned opposite Peters, and if he's better at slot, I don't see any reason to force him over there.  Still have plenty of moves to make this offseason.
(01-31-2018, 12:43 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 12:38 PM)mabbott Wrote:

I'm mean, as often as we--or any team in this league--needs to cover a slot receiver, I actually think a Pro Bowl-caliber slot CB is nothing to sneeze at.  I'm just tired of watching people get burned opposite Peters, and if he's better at slot, I don't see any reason to force him over there.  Still have plenty of moves to make this offseason.
I understand where you are coming from there. I am all for improvement in our secondary.  When our secondary was better, our pass rush was much better.
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!
MNchiefsfan write up on Fuller. Makes me even more excited. Also he is the best writer at AP. 

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/1/31...e-this-guy
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson
(01-31-2018, 01:22 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: MNchiefsfan write up on Fuller. Makes me even more excited. Also he is the best writer at AP. 

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/1/31...e-this-guy

Great write-up, indeed.  This guy is gonna be awesome regardless of where he plays.
NOLA, I read that one of Fuller's brother's, Corey, plays for the Saints.