Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Alex Smith traded to Washington
Excited to have Fuller. But apparently he was one of the last to find out. This business can be brutal sometimes.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
And Alex is averaging $23.5 million on his new deal, with $70 million guaranteed after the 2018 season. Yeah, it was time to move on because I wouldn't shell out that much on a QB who has a 2-5 playoff career, and will be on his age 34-39 range, where decline is imminent. 
The more and more I read about this the more I think Washington got hosed. 

Well played veach .
Good for alex smith by the way. He gets paid a bunch more and gets at least another two years of being the guy for a nfl team. He deserves it.
Word here is that six teams were interested.  Browns, Skins, Arizona.  But The Browns made the biggest push and the better deal.  But Alex said he did not want to go there and the Chiefs didnt force him so its off to Washington
[Image: HG.gif]
I was hoping we would get a couple of decent picks for Alex. I am very happy about getting Fuller and a 3rd rounder!  Fuller plays the style of QB that will complement Peters. It will be nice to have a solid secondary again!  QBs will have to pick their poison of which CB to throw at and if they go in the middle hello Eric Berry!

I honestly can't believe that we are already a better team and we are not even to the off season!  Granted a lot of this will be dependent upon how well our new starting QB plays.

I am happy that Alex got a big contract and glad that we don't have to play him twice a year.
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!
Happy for Alex. Hope he makes bank and kicks ass.  VERY GLAD he's in the NFC.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
(01-31-2018, 08:58 AM)mabbott Wrote: I was hoping we would get a couple of decent picks for Alex. I am very happy about getting Fuller and a 3rd rounder!  Fuller plays the style of QB that will complement Peters. It will be nice to have a solid secondary again!  QBs will have to pick their poison of which CB to throw at and if they go in the middle hello Eric Berry!

I honestly can't believe that we are already a better team and we are not even to the off season!  Granted a lot of this will be dependent upon how well our new starting QB plays.

I am happy that Alex got a big contract and glad that we don't have to play him twice a year.

From what I've read Fuller has played slot corner so far in his career.  If we move him opposite Peters, that will be a first for him.  That said, if he doesn't excel in the new role, I'd have to imagine we're happy to have a standout slot CB.

I think this is a good trade, though I really want to know what the Browns offered.  I'm glad we didn't do that to Alex, but still... I'm curious.
I haven't read any negatives on Fuller.  Sounds like a good trade for the Chiefs.