Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Playoffs Thread
(01-15-2018, 10:29 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 10:35 PM)The_Jonas Wrote: I only know who Marcus Williams is now.  Had no idea 2 hours ago.

He's one of the dumbest players alive.  

Ouch.

Well, he's getting dragged on social media by Marcus Peters and Ron Parker, so that's fun.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-col...91149.html

What's sad about that is, when Williams missed that guy, I thought of Peters and Parker.
(01-15-2018, 11:54 AM)Coach Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 10:29 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 10:35 PM)The_Jonas Wrote: I only know who Marcus Williams is now.  Had no idea 2 hours ago.

He's one of the dumbest players alive.  

Ouch.

Well, he's getting dragged on social media by Marcus Peters and Ron Parker, so that's fun.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-col...91149.html

What's sad about that is, when Williams missed that guy, I thought of Peters and Parker.

[Image: U7Ghu2s.gif]
(01-14-2018, 11:52 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 11:47 PM)Coach Wrote: That was brutal.... holy crap....

How could that defender make a ole' on a situation like that, especially in the last 10 seconds of the game?

It was an unbelievably stupid play.

I dunno how good Williams is on a play to play basis, but that's a mental meltdown that should earn a guy unemployment. He better hope he's accumulated some good will from Payton.

He had an incredible rookie season, which was, y'know, this season.  I think PFT graded him out at the 12th best safety on the year.  It was his interception in the 3rd quarter that really helped the Saints turn the game around, and he made game-changing plays like that all season.  New Orleans fans know who he is, but in a good way.  This was undoubtedly an unbelievably stupid play, but he's not one of the dumbest players alive.  He's just a kid who made a terrible play.
(01-15-2018, 06:05 PM)NOLA Wrote:

How could that defender make a ole' on a situation like that, especially in the last 10 seconds of the game?

I dunno how good Williams is on a play to play basis, but that's a mental meltdown that should earn a guy unemployment. He better hope he's accumulated some good will from Payton.

He had an incredible rookie season, which was, y'know, this season.  I think PFT graded him out at the 12th best safety on the year.  It was his interception in the 3rd quarter that really helped the Saints turn the game around, and he made game-changing plays like that all season.  New Orleans fans know who he is, but in a good way.  This was undoubtedly an unbelievably stupid play, but he's not one of the dumbest players alive.  He's just a kid who made a terrible play.

That's a relief to hear.

I mean, no matter where he goes Williams will always have that specter following him. I saw someone compare him to Bill Buckner. Bill Buckner had a Hall of Fame caliber career, and he's still known as the guy that let a routine grounder slip between his legs. I'd hate to see one stupid play define Williams' career like it did Buckner's.
(01-15-2018, 06:21 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:

That's a relief to hear.

I mean, no matter where he goes Williams will always have that specter following him. I saw someone compare him to Bill Buckner. Bill Buckner had a Hall of Fame caliber career, and he's still known as the guy that let a routine grounder slip between his legs. I'd hate to see one stupid play define Williams' career like it did Buckner's.

The Saints won a Super Bowl in the last decade under the same regime (Loomis-Payton-Brees), which buys a lot of goodwill... the kid is fine.

That's a relief to hear.

http://wgno.com/2018/01/15/watch-saints-...-williams/
(01-15-2018, 06:32 PM)NOLA Wrote:

That's a relief to hear.

You guys have some good fans.

KC fans would eviscerate the guy.
(01-15-2018, 07:07 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 06:32 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 11:52 PM)The_Jonas Wrote: It was an unbelievably stupid play.

That's a relief to hear.

You guys have some good fans.

KC fans would eviscerate the guy.

You know, I realized that today, and it makes be a bit sad.  And I know I have a massive disconnect with KC as an area because I was born there but have only visited sporadically since moving when I was little, but isn't that maybe disconcerting?  Like, not the way it should be?  I enjoyed shitting on Matt Cassel from the safety on an internet board, for example, but I did legit start to feel bad for him when it started becoming an active part of games and his larger everyday life.

I dunno.  I'm just not sure that all the negative energy helps.  I probably sound like a flake, but that's not really new territory for me.  Also, I'm often very cynical, so I have my "asshole" street cred.
Has there ever been so many not good complete teams in the championship games? The Eagles were good with wentz but foles is legitimately not good. The vikings are pretty good but keenum is definitely not (he's going to get paid like he is though). The Jags are the best defense but obviously the worst offense (besides fournette they really have nobody of note on offense).

And then the fucking patriots. I swear they've been handed this super bowl. And Im not upset by it, the pats don't bother me anymore, I actually cheer for them routinely.
(01-15-2018, 10:25 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: Has there ever been so many not good complete teams in the championship games? The Eagles were good with wentz but foles is legitimately not good. The vikings are pretty good but keenum is definitely not (he's going to get paid like he is though). The Jags are the best defense but obviously the worst offense (besides fournette they really have nobody of note on offense).

And then the fucking patriots. I swear they've been handed this super bowl. And Im not upset by it, the pats don't bother me anymore, I actually cheer for them routinely.

Setting aside my Saints fandom for a minute, I really thought we, as a country and after this shitty football season, really deserved a Brady-Brees Super Bowl.

Goddammit.