Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*** Chiefs 2018 Offseason Thread ***
(05-16-2018, 07:58 AM)DallasChief Wrote: AKB, how much money do you think Dez is going to get? It would be sweet to have Watkins, Hill, Kelce, Hunt and Dez Bryant on the field at the same time for Mahomes.

According to Spotrac his market value is about $9.4M a year. That's obviously out of the Chiefs budget. He's a little bit of a special case though.

One of the first things Dez did as a free agent was turn down an offer from the Baltimore Ravens. Maybe he was using their interest to help set the market.

Jason Witten said in an interview he thought Dez would sign with the Packers. It doesn't seem like that's going to happen, but that tells you Dez was telling Witen that, so Dez is likely looking for a competitive team, hence turning down the Ravens and showing interest in the Packers who with Aaron Rodgers healthy should be a SB contender.

The outside perception is the Chiefs will take a step back with Mahomes being a first year starter, but otherwise they were a competitor. Hard to say how Dez will view the Chiefs.

I'd say $9M/year is out the window. Too many teams don't have extra money lying around after the draft, so this late in the process the market should be down. I'm going to guess around $4-6M on a prove it deal, but I don't think the Chiefs should pursue him anyway. Conley, Chesson, and DRob are all young guys on rookie contracts that can yet prove themselves a capable slot receiver.
(05-16-2018, 07:58 AM)DallasChief Wrote: AKB, how much money do you think Dez is going to get? It would be sweet to have Watkins, Hill, Kelce, Hunt and Dez Bryant on the field at the same time for Mahomes.

I'm generally not big on signing players who's performance is in freefall decline.
(05-16-2018, 06:33 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:

I'm generally not big on signing players who's performance is in freefall decline.

And one who is a headcase, to put it nicely.
It might be just me, but it seemed like Dez drops the ball too often.
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!
(05-18-2018, 11:13 AM)mabbott Wrote:

Ha! You are not alone.

Literally and figuratively. 

I mean, how many meetings did he skip while in Dallas?  

I've heard it was over 100 during his career.
(05-18-2018, 06:10 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:

Literally and figuratively. 

I mean, how many meetings did he skip while in Dallas?  

I've heard it was over 100 during his career.

So much for any of the people that want him to teach Hill, Watkins, and the rest of the crew how to be a pro.