Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*** Chiefs 2018 Offseason Thread ***
(01-12-2018, 09:37 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 07:36 AM)warthog Wrote: I love to hear media type mention Denver as a possible trade partner for Alex Smith.  It ain’t happening.  Then Sam Mellinger started taunting Chiefs fans yesterday by asking if Alex Smith is so bad, why are you afraid to let him go to Denver?  It’s not about being afraid, you just don’t think trade with a rival.

Why not?  If the option is that or letting him walk and then sign with Denver, we'd be stupid not to take their high-round draft picks.

I agree with Mellinger.  If we think he sucks (I think we more or less at least agree he has critical flaws to varying degrees), who fucking cares?  I'm not scared of playing Alex Smith twice a year.  Like, at all.

He's not any better than some of the other QB's we often face.

But he'll be a bigger problem if we don't hurry up and FIRE SUTTON AND FIX OUR DAMN DEFENSE ALREADY.

*sheesh*
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
Sutton didn't get fired last week, so he ain't getting fired.
Word here is Sutton retired
[Image: HG.gif]
(01-12-2018, 12:13 PM)HG Wrote: Word here is Sutton retired

Hope it's true.

We need a fresh perspective.
(01-12-2018, 09:57 AM)HG Wrote: Sorry.  I had this in another thread.  THought I should post it here also.  (Sorry)

Alex Smith.  The ball is in his court.  No matter what happens he will benefit more than the Chiefs.  If you think the browns are gonna come calling think again.  He will be able to choose and he will go to a good team that is a contender, (Jacksonville).  But if you think he is gonna end up at a bottom 10 team you are mistaken.  He is in the driver’s seat and Alex is no dummy.  He knows all the talk.

Patrick Mahomes.  Flat out people who were demanding he start the season are morons.  I understand the reasons but they didn’t think it through.  Mahomes spent the entire season learning to take a snap from under center.  Some might say the he could learn that in a day and it wouldn’t take that long.  Listening to Tim Grunhard this morning he stated that this is not an exaggeration.  The kids now don’t go under center in high school or college. SO they have to learn it.  Chiefs knew he wasn’t ready and needed to learn it.  Week 17 they felt he was ready and gave him a shot.  It seems he was a good student.  Grunny said we are going to be even happier with Mahomes with this year of instruction and earning other things from Alex.

Locker room is split.  Older players are liking Smith.  Younger ones like Patrick.  I feel with the youth on offense, Hunt, Hill, hell even Travis.  The sound choice is to now make Mahomes the Starter.  Its time.  I thank you Alex for what you have done and the way you supported this city both on and off the field.

How do you figure? He is under contract and if kc wants to trade him to the browns then he is going to the browns.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
(01-12-2018, 12:29 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 09:57 AM)HG Wrote: Sorry.  I had this in another thread.  THought I should post it here also.  (Sorry)

Alex Smith.  The ball is in his court.  No matter what happens he will benefit more than the Chiefs.  If you think the browns are gonna come calling think again.  He will be able to choose and he will go to a good team that is a contender, (Jacksonville).  But if you think he is gonna end up at a bottom 10 team you are mistaken.  He is in the driver’s seat and Alex is no dummy.  He knows all the talk.

Patrick Mahomes.  Flat out people who were demanding he start the season are morons.  I understand the reasons but they didn’t think it through.  Mahomes spent the entire season learning to take a snap from under center.  Some might say the he could learn that in a day and it wouldn’t take that long.  Listening to Tim Grunhard this morning he stated that this is not an exaggeration.  The kids now don’t go under center in high school or college. SO they have to learn it.  Chiefs knew he wasn’t ready and needed to learn it.  Week 17 they felt he was ready and gave him a shot.  It seems he was a good student.  Grunny said we are going to be even happier with Mahomes with this year of instruction and earning other things from Alex.

Locker room is split.  Older players are liking Smith.  Younger ones like Patrick.  I feel with the youth on offense, Hunt, Hill, hell even Travis.  The sound choice is to now make Mahomes the Starter.  Its time.  I thank you Alex for what you have done and the way you supported this city both on and off the field.

How do you figure? He is under contract and if kc wants to trade him to the browns then he is going to the browns.

To my knowledge Alex doesn't have a no-trade clause. As such, his only bargaining chip is trying to deny signing a new extension with the team he would be traded to, which has the potential to cost him bundles.

Yeah. He's pretty well stuck with what helps us the most.
Alex Smith is going to the Pro Bowl after all. Maybe this slightly helps his trade value? Probably not, but it doesn't hurt.
(01-12-2018, 01:21 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: Alex Smith is going to the Pro Bowl after all. Maybe this slightly helps his trade value? Probably not, but it doesn't hurt.

Alex Smith is still a better starting quarterback than half the qb field left in the playoffs.
(01-12-2018, 01:29 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 01:21 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: Alex Smith is going to the Pro Bowl after all. Maybe this slightly helps his trade value? Probably not, but it doesn't hurt.

Alex Smith is still a better starting quarterback than half the qb field left in the playoffs.

I agree with this.

But is he better than Pat Mahomes?

We only have a single pro game to tell, but the numbers from that game suggests...

... nope.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/1/3/...-buckle-up
(01-12-2018, 02:35 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 01:29 PM)NOLA Wrote:

I agree with this.

But is he better than Pat Mahomes?

We only have a single pro game to tell, but the numbers from that game suggests...

... nope.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/1/3/...-buckle-up

Oh no, I want to move on to Mahomes FOR SURE.  I'm just saying that letting Smith go without getting every last bit out of the guy we traded two picks for would be a huge mistake.  He has much value on this market.  We're in the catbird seat here.  Use it.