Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*** Chiefs 2018 Offseason Thread ***
(01-10-2018, 07:11 PM)DallasChief Wrote: I doubt Alex ends up in Denver unless we’re unable to find a trading partner and we release him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Denver wants to send us their 1st-round pick, I don't see why we wouldn't take it.
(01-10-2018, 06:27 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 03:53 PM)NOLA Wrote: Now I want to sign Kaep to mess with HG and Jonas.  Also, I'm pretty sure it's law that the Chiefs have to have a former 49ers starting quarterback on their roster at all times.

I'm all for him getting a job, but I don't want him harming MY team.

I've been wishing him on Denver

But who would you have backing up mahomes? It's not like there's a wealth of cheap fairly good backups out there. We paid a ton to have chase Daniel be a backup and he's proven absolutely nothing in the nfl. We weren't willing to pay foles nearly 7 mil to be a backup. I'd also like someone who can play a similar style or have experience in a similar system. I don't know who those people would be besides kaep. I don't even think that highly of his ability, people always want to say that he won but tebow won too.
(01-10-2018, 11:19 AM)DallasChief Wrote: I would be for the Chiefs signing Kap just so I could watch HG's head explode.

YOUR FUCKING RIGHT IT WOULD!
[Image: HG.gif]
http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/0...next-team/

Bovada has released their odds for Smith’s next team for the 2018 season. The Chiefs have the best odds, but eight other teams are currently in the running. Here are the odds:

Chiefs +160
Cardinals +450
Jaguars +500
Bills +500
Broncos +700
Jets +700
Giants +1000
Browns +1000
Redskins +1200
(01-11-2018, 10:08 AM)DallasChief Wrote: http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/0...next-team/

Bovada has released their odds for Smith’s next team for the 2018 season. The Chiefs have the best odds, but eight other teams are currently in the running. Here are the odds:

Chiefs +160
Cardinals +450
Jaguars +500
Bills +500
Broncos +700
Jets +700
Giants +1000
Browns +1000
Redskins +1200

The odds from the Browns--who have a ridiculous number of picks in this draft--seem pretty great.  I'm guessing the thinking is that they're going to draft a qb 1st or 4th overall and don't need Smith.

The Jaguars with Alex Smith is potentially a very good team.
(01-11-2018, 10:15 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 10:08 AM)DallasChief Wrote: http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/0...next-team/

Chiefs +160
Cardinals +450
Jaguars +500
Bills +500
Broncos +700
Jets +700
Giants +1000
Browns +1000
Redskins +1200

The odds from the Browns--who have a ridiculous number of picks in this draft--seem pretty great.  I'm guessing the thinking is that they're going to draft a qb 1st or 4th overall and don't need Smith.

The Jaguars with Alex Smith is potentially a very good team.

I agree, Smith in Jacksonville would be a immediate improvement over Bortles and with their young and aggressive defense, that's the perfect spot for Alex to be in, aka, Trent Dilfer.
I love to hear media type mention Denver as a possible trade partner for Alex Smith.  It ain’t happening.  Then Sam Mellinger started taunting Chiefs fans yesterday by asking if Alex Smith is so bad, why are you afraid to let him go to Denver?  It’s not about being afraid, you just don’t think trade with a rival.
Alex Smith is not bad.  But he's not elite either.  However, he's a huge improvement for Denver compared to what they have.

Alex Smith is not going to win the Super Bowl as a Chief.  We have the QBOF on the roster, let's get the future started. What is the point of playing it safe for 10-11 win season to only exit early in the playoffs?
(01-12-2018, 07:36 AM)warthog Wrote: I love to hear media type mention Denver as a possible trade partner for Alex Smith.  It ain’t happening.  Then Sam Mellinger started taunting Chiefs fans yesterday by asking if Alex Smith is so bad, why are you afraid to let him go to Denver?  It’s not about being afraid, you just don’t think trade with a rival.

Why not?  If the option is that or letting him walk and then sign with Denver, we'd be stupid not to take their high-round draft picks.

I agree with Mellinger.  If we think he sucks (I think we more or less at least agree he has critical flaws to varying degrees), who fucking cares?  I'm not scared of playing Alex Smith twice a year.  Like, at all.
Sorry.  I had this in another thread.  THought I should post it here also.  (Sorry)

Alex Smith.  The ball is in his court.  No matter what happens he will benefit more than the Chiefs.  If you think the browns are gonna come calling think again.  He will be able to choose and he will go to a good team that is a contender, (Jacksonville).  But if you think he is gonna end up at a bottom 10 team you are mistaken.  He is in the driver’s seat and Alex is no dummy.  He knows all the talk.

Patrick Mahomes.  Flat out people who were demanding he start the season are morons.  I understand the reasons but they didn’t think it through.  Mahomes spent the entire season learning to take a snap from under center.  Some might say the he could learn that in a day and it wouldn’t take that long.  Listening to Tim Grunhard this morning he stated that this is not an exaggeration.  The kids now don’t go under center in high school or college. SO they have to learn it.  Chiefs knew he wasn’t ready and needed to learn it.  Week 17 they felt he was ready and gave him a shot.  It seems he was a good student.  Grunny said we are going to be even happier with Mahomes with this year of instruction and earning other things from Alex.

Locker room is split.  Older players are liking Smith.  Younger ones like Patrick.  I feel with the youth on offense, Hunt, Hill, hell even Travis.  The sound choice is to now make Mahomes the Starter.  Its time.  I thank you Alex for what you have done and the way you supported this city both on and off the field.
[Image: HG.gif]