Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread

42 of 55 espn analysts and writers picked mahomes as one of ten players to build a team. 37 of those 42 picked him as #1.

(08-01-2019, 09:06 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  42 of 55 espn analysts and writers picked mahomes as one of ten players to build a team. 37 of those 42 picked him as #1.

Any of them that didn't pick him are just trying to be controversial. "Er, I totally believe Andrew Luck is better than Mahomes.... EEEEERRRRRR!"

(08-01-2019, 05:19 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I'd be more offended if it were analysts saying Mahomes wasn't number 1. Being players, They've got their reasons. Doesn't mean they're good reasons, but a lot of the old guys aren't ready to crown someone after one year.

I would've argued for Drew right up until late November or early December of last year, mostly just because I want Drew to have at least a few years of the recognition he deserves but is likely never coming now--in addition to fucking over the Saints, that NFC championship debacle has pretty long-lasting impact on Drew's candidacy for GOAT.  He deserves to be in that conversation.

...For a few year before Mahomes definitively claims it for all time 'cos that's coming like a freight train.

I don't think I've bought cereal for 2 years. That's going to change.

(08-02-2019, 08:03 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(08-01-2019, 09:06 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  42 of 55 espn analysts and writers picked mahomes as one of ten players to build a team. 37 of those 42 picked him as #1.

Any of them that didn't pick him are just trying to be controversial. "Er, I totally believe Andrew Luck is better than Mahomes.... EEEEERRRRRR!"

8 voted Rodgers
5 took wilson
There were also 2 votes for baker so at least 2 people took 2 qbs.

(08-02-2019, 12:06 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  

8 voted Rodgers
5 took wilson

Man, how great is it that I can feel righteously offended someone likes Rodgers better than Mahomes! Tongue

(08-02-2019, 12:18 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(08-02-2019, 12:06 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  

8 voted Rodgers
5 took wilson

Man, how great is it that I can feel righteously offended someone likes Rodgers better than Mahomes! Tongue
Oh man, and it's NOT CLOSE.  

Rodgers at 25 was but a shadow of what Mahomes is at 23.  

Also, Mahomes isn't a passive aggressive dick.  He's just an all around awesome dude that you really WANT to root for.  Even if you're not a KC fan.

I'm sitting here baffled beyond belief there of 55 'experts' there were THIRTEEN who said "Yeah, Mahomes isn't even in my top ten players to build a team around."

How can that POSSIBLY be a thing?

This guy fucking gets it:

Quote:What goes up must come down, but when Mahomes cocks back and hurls the ball skyward, that momentarily seems untrue. Where footballs thrown by other QBs would drop, his sail on, past the horizon of the stadium rim. Perhaps one of his passes will hit the necessary velocity to escape earth’s atmosphere and become the first football thrown by a human to reach another planet. Logic tells us that Mahomes should regress this fall; I choose to believe that his singular trajectory will lift him even higher.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/8/14/...ry-outlook

(08-14-2019, 11:35 AM)NOLA Wrote:  This guy fucking gets it:

Quote:What goes up must come down, but when Mahomes cocks back and hurls the ball skyward, that momentarily seems untrue. Where footballs thrown by other QBs would drop, his sail on, past the horizon of the stadium rim. Perhaps one of his passes will hit the necessary velocity to escape earth’s atmosphere and become the first football thrown by a human to reach another planet. Logic tells us that Mahomes should regress this fall; I choose to believe that his singular trajectory will lift him even higher.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/8/14/...ry-outlook

I love him saying that Mahomes is basically a real life character from NFL Street. I've said this exact thing to friends before. Really miss those games.