Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread
(01-07-2018, 02:42 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: This play right here is a perfect embodiment of why we need to move on to Mahomes. Game on the line 3rd and 10 and smith bails on the pocket and tries to run. Just to go fetal again 

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClayWendler/s...24/photo/1

That was bad. 

Bailed on a secure pocket against a 3 man rush and literally ran right into a QB spy.  

That's a terrible play.  I didn't realize how bad until I saw it now.
BTW, the Ty Law thread was the longest ever.

It’s been an odd week listening to KC Sports talk radio, it’s as if many of the talking heads never even watched the Chiefs go down in flames last Saturday’s at Arrowhead.   Several such as Sam mellinger, Kevin Keitzman, and Danny Clinksdale have been expounding on how silly it is to get rid of the NFLs best QB for an inexperienced QB that has a tendency to force throws.

This after years of Keitz complaining that the Chiefs never draft QBs in the first round.  They are citing Alex Smith’s stellar stats.  Yes, Alex Smith has great stats, but stats aren’t all that.  In my opinion, Patrick Mahomes has downfield vision and a rocket, accurate arm, something Smith does not have.  Smith must lead the league in taking sacks or throwing the ball away at the first hint of trouble.  That does not show up in stats, neither does allowing receivers to run downfield wide open and never seeing them.

I have one one question for these idiots, do they think that Alex Smith will ever win a Super Bowl?  If the answer is no, it’s time to move on.  Keitz keeps threatening that the Chiefs won’t be as good next year and might miss the playoffs.  So what, if it means another embarrassing loss in the playoffs, I’d rather not have them go.
(01-11-2018, 11:20 PM)warthog Wrote: BTW, the Ty Law thread was the longest ever.

It’s been an odd week listening to KC Sports talk radio, it’s as if many of the talking heads never even watched the Chiefs go down in flames last Saturday’s at Arrowhead.   Several such as Sam mellinger, Kevin Keitzman, and Danny Clinksdale have been expounding on how silly it is to get rid of the NFLs best QB for an inexperienced QB that has a tendency to force throws.

This after years of Keitz complaining that the Chiefs never draft QBs in the first round.  They are citing Alex Smith’s stellar stats.  Yes, Alex Smith has great stats, but stats aren’t all that.  In my opinion, Patrick Mahomes has downfield vision and a rocket, accurate arm, something Smith does not have.  Smith must lead the league in taking sacks or throwing the ball away at the first hint of trouble.  That does not show up in stats, neither does allowing receivers to run downfield wide open and never seeing them.

I have one one question for these idiots, do they think that Alex Smith will ever win a Super Bowl?  If the answer is no, it’s time to move on.  Keitz keeps threatening that the Chiefs won’t be as good next year and might miss the playoffs.  So what, if it means another embarrassing loss in the playoffs, I’d rather not have them go.

Yeah, it's time for us to move on, the reasons are numerous.

Over the course of next year would Alex be the better QB? Maybe. Hell, probably. He's a veteran coming off his best year and Mahomes would be a first year starter. But it's not just about those two and it's not just about next year.

The best way Alex can help this team beyond 2018 is to trade him for as much draft capital as possible. A couple young starters or quality depth will mean a lot more in 2019 and beyond than a 2020 third round compensatory pick. Trade him now, get quality players, improve Mahomes' chances of being the guy that gets this team to a SB.

Mahomes is going to need to play to finish developing. No amount of sitting on the bench is an actual replacement for game time experience. In fact, you can wait too long. Start the growing pains now and you increase the best window of Mahomes getting to a SB on his rookie contract.

Speaking of rookie contracts, save money by trading Smith and get the cap space to hire and retain quality players.

So, to summarize all of this: Trading Alex = More Draft Picks + More Cap Space = Several Other Quality Players, and Alex < Mahomes + Several Other Quality Players.
Anyone in favor of bringing Smith back is being very near sighted.
(01-11-2018, 11:20 PM)warthog Wrote: BTW, the Ty Law thread was the longest ever.

I just want someone to tell me whether Hill made the Pro Bowl as a receiver or a returner.
Okay I’m going to lay it out there and y’all tell me where you think I’m wrong. 

Subject #1
Kevin Keitzman and Danny Clinksdale

Starting with Kevin.  He is a bitter man who once was a pretty good TV sports reporter.  He then came into radio and turned on the city when we did not build a new downtown ballpark.  This pissed him off because he so thought it was gonna happen that he and his company and investors bought all kinds of downtown property planning on making a killing.  SO when Kaufman was renovated instead his whole attitude of this town changed.  Remember the Larry Johnson song/video.  Kevin was the one who sent it to the league kinda telling on him.  He is a joke and I don’t listen to him anymore.

Danny Clinksdale.  After every Chiefs game they have a call in show on 810.  It doesn’t matter if we get our ass kicked or we kick some ass.  The man is always negative, his opinions uninformed and he talks like he has spent the day with a beer bong and his sphincter is clutching a coupe benwa balls.

On to the important stuff.

Alex Smith.  The ball is in his court.  No matter what happens he will benefit more than the Chiefs.  If you think the browns are gonna come calling think again.  He will be able to choose and he will go to a good team that is a contender, (Jacksonville).  But if you think he is gonna end up at a bottom 10 team you are mistaken.  He is in the driver’s seat and Alex is no dummy.  He knows all the talk.

Patrick Mahomes.  Flat out people who were demanding he start the season are morons.  I understand the reasons but they didn’t think it through.  Mahomes spent the entire season learning to take a snap from under center.  Some might say the he could learn that in a day and it wouldn’t take that long.  Listening to Tim Grunhard this morning he stated that this is not an exaggeration.  The kids now don’t go under center in high school or college. SO they have to learn it.  Chiefs knew he wasn’t ready and needed to learn it.  Week 17 they felt he was ready and gave him a shot.  It seems he was a good student.  Grunny said we are going to be even happier with Mahomes with this year of instruction and earning other things from Alex.

Locker room is split.  Older players are liking Smith.  Younger ones like Patrick.  I feel with the youth on offense, Hunt, Hill, hell even Travis.  The sound choice is to now make Mahomes the Starter.  Its time.  I thank you Alex for what you have done and the way you supported this city both on and off the field.
[Image: HG.gif]
What gets me about Keitzman is that if he holds a grudge, he doesn’t let up.  He always hated Tony Gonzalez and was his biggest critic in this town.  I’m pretty sure most of Keitzmans grudges are personal and not work related.

Anyway, this boob has spent years talking about how the Chiefs have to draft a quarterback in the first round, and if that fails, do it again until you find a good one.  I agree with that.  The problem is, after last years draft, Keitzman was one of the only area sports media type that was against the pick.  He wanted the Chiefs to draft Deshaun Watson in the worst way, because Deshaun was a winner and Mahomes never beat a good team in the Big 12.

Since he came out hard against Mahomes, he will hold a personal grudge against him for the rest of his career.  He is a small petty man that probably just holds grudges because the entire city knows about his BJ wife and thinks he he has something to prove.
All of KC sports radio is horrible. Unlistenable, in my opinion.
(01-12-2018, 10:27 AM)warthog Wrote: What gets me about Keitzman is that if he holds a grudge, he doesn’t let up.  He always hated Tony Gonzalez and was his biggest critic in this town.  I’m pretty sure most of Keitzmans grudges are personal and not work related.

Anyway, this boob has spent years talking about how the Chiefs have to draft a quarterback in the first round, and if that fails, do it again until you find a good one.  I agree with that.  The problem is, after last years draft, Keitzman was one of the only area sports media type that was against the pick.  He wanted the Chiefs to draft Deshaun Watson in the worst way, because Deshaun was a winner and Mahomes never beat a good team in the Big 12.

Since he came out hard against Mahomes, he will hold a personal grudge against him for the rest of his career.  He is a small petty man that probably just holds grudges because the entire city knows about his BJ wife and thinks he he has something to prove.

To be fair and knowing what we know now... I would've been fine with Watson, too.
(01-12-2018, 10:48 AM)DallasChief Wrote: All of KC sports radio is horrible. Unlistenable, in my opinion.

I listen via apps during the season only.  Half the time, in November, they're talking about baseball or golf and it pisses me off.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]