Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs vs. Titans, Playoffs Wild Card Round
The refs didn't make the Jaguars go completely stupid in their play calling byby going away from what worked. They didn't make the Jags get a delay of game after a timeout. Yes, they called one or two questionable calls on the Jags defense and somehow didn't call any penalties on the pats O or D. But I don't doubt bradys ability to have overcome without the pass interference penalty. They converted a third and 18 without refs help. The Jags lost, they didn't get helped by the refs but the Jags lost.

The NFL might be okay with the Eagles in the Super Bowl but I'd guarantee they would rather have Ryan or Brees instead of Foles.
(01-23-2018, 07:36 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: The refs didn't make the Jaguars go completely stupid in their play calling byby going away from what worked. They didn't make the Jags get a delay of game after a timeout. Yes, they called one or two questionable calls on the Jags defense and somehow didn't call any penalties on the pats O or D. But I don't doubt bradys ability to have overcome without the pass interference penalty. They converted a third and 18 without refs help. The Jags lost, they didn't get helped by the refs but the Jags lost.

The NFL might be okay with the Eagles in the Super Bowl but I'd guarantee they would rather have Ryan or Brees instead of Foles.

1 penalty.

A team has a huge advantage of knowing refs won't throw flags on them, and it enormously impacts the game.

No different than the KC NE game.  Refs did EVERYTHING they could to give that game to NE.  The only way to get past them is to blow the doors off where the refs can't influence it.

It's like being required to win by 20 instead of 1.
(01-24-2018, 11:13 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 07:36 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: The refs didn't make the Jaguars go completely stupid in their play calling byby going away from what worked. They didn't make the Jags get a delay of game after a timeout. Yes, they called one or two questionable calls on the Jags defense and somehow didn't call any penalties on the pats O or D. But I don't doubt bradys ability to have overcome without the pass interference penalty. They converted a third and 18 without refs help. The Jags lost, they didn't get helped by the refs but the Jags lost.

1 penalty.

A team has a huge advantage of knowing refs won't throw flags on them, and it enormously impacts the game.

No different than the KC NE game.  Refs did EVERYTHING they could to give that game to NE.  The only way to get past them is to blow the doors off where the refs can't influence it.

There were only 6 accepted penalties on the Jags. It's not like they called a ton of fouls all game. 1 false start, 1 delay of game, 1 illegal shift. Those aren't making a difference in the game. 1 unnecessary roughness (helmet to helmet hit gets called 95% of time or higher) probably didn't help but it's really just the 2 PI calls that upset everyone and actually gave the pats an advantage. The one on cooks down the left sideline I thought was questionable. The other was pretty obvious. So that's 1 questionable penalty on the jags. 

As far as the lack of penalties against NE, how many times did you see something that should have been called? I didn't see many. It's not like the Jags threw the ball deep down the field to draw PI calls. There were no obvious fouls in that area. I didn't notice any players upset about a no call on any hold or false start. So there's one play where amendola heads butt a Jag player. One no call one way and one questionable call the other way. Hardly a huge advantage. 

I'm sure both sides had several holding calls that didn't get called (only 1 holding was called all game but it was declined because the pats got a better result out of the play) which with defensive holding and PI make up the majority of the calls. The refs were letting the players play for the most part. There was only one penalty on the Jags in the 2nd half when the Pats made their comeback so they weren't aided a whole heck of a lot by calls.

Don't forget they also let a Jag player tackle a Patriot 4 yards into the end zone. That's usually a penalty and wasnt.
(01-24-2018, 02:48 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 11:13 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:

1 penalty.

There were only 6 accepted penalties on the Jags. It's not like they called a ton of fouls all game. 1 false start, 1 delay of game, 1 illegal shift. Those aren't making a difference in the game. 1 unnecessary roughness (helmet to helmet hit gets called 95% of time or higher) probably didn't help but it's really just the 2 PI calls that upset everyone and actually gave the pats an advantage. The one on cooks down the left sideline I thought was questionable. The other was pretty obvious. So that's 1 questionable penalty on the jags. 

As far as the lack of penalties against NE, how many times did you see something that should have been called? I didn't see many. It's not like the Jags threw the ball deep down the field to draw PI calls. There were no obvious fouls in that area. I didn't notice any players upset about a no call on any hold or false start. So there's one play where amendola heads butt a Jag player. One no call one way and one questionable call the other way. Hardly a huge advantage. 

I'm sure both sides had several holding calls that didn't get called (only 1 holding was called all game but it was declined because the pats got a better result out of the play) which with defensive holding and PI make up the majority of the calls. The refs were letting the players play for the most part. There was only one penalty on the Jags in the 2nd half when the Pats made their comeback so they weren't aided a whole heck of a lot by calls.

Don't forget they also let a Jag player tackle a Patriot 4 yards into the end zone. That's usually a penalty and wasnt.
All they have to do is call a fumble dead and not call any defensive or offensive holding all game.

Prevent a big play here or there, call penalties on one team only, and boom... 

It can't determine a game, but it's no different than a player who intentionally throws up bricks so his team will lose.  There's more than a little circumstancial evidence that the NFL's product is not on the level.  

The fact that it was founded by a bunch of bookies, and has always pandered to the gambling community, among them.

I'm not saying it's WWE rigged.  I'm saying that, particularly in the officiating, there is an obvious attempt to influence outcomes.  The idea of any team committing only 1 penalty in an entire game is laughable.

It's getting hard to suspend my disbelief.