Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs vs. Titans, Playoffs Wild Card Round
[Image: DS5jW8MVwAEecTh.jpg]
(01-07-2018, 09:15 AM)NOLA Wrote: Can I blame Andy?  I feel like I want to blame Andy.

I feel like he low key took over play calling again in this game. The way we abandoned the run completely it a total reid move.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
(01-07-2018, 09:44 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 09:15 AM)NOLA Wrote: Can I blame Andy?  I feel like I want to blame Andy.

I feel like he low key took over play calling again in this game. The way we abandoned the run completely it a total reid move.

Yeah, I got real worried when the camera cut to him at the beginning of the game and he was holding a playsheet.  I said out loud to no one in particular, "uh oh, that's not good."
Can anyone explain how Mariota didn't fumble the ball when DJ sacked him?

The ref was like 'his forward progress stopped' or some shit, but it was a bang bang play.  DJ smashed him and he fumbled on his way down.  Never in my life have I heard a rule that says a player can't fumble if he's falling backwards.  Seems like a made up rule.

Can anyone explain how that call makes sense?
(01-07-2018, 11:52 AM)The_Jonas Wrote: Can anyone explain how Mariota didn't fumble the ball when DJ sacked him?

The ref was like 'his forward progress stopped' or some shit, but it was a bang bang play.  DJ smashed him and he fumbled on his way down.  Never in my life have I heard a rule that says a player can't fumble if he's falling backwards.  Seems like a made up rule.

I can't, but I did see this morning that Jeff Triplette is retiring.  I'm guessing it was a "save your dignity so we don't have to fire you" move.
I didn't see the game.  I was training in Oklahoma, but followed the score as best I could.

How the hell did we lose that game? HOW?
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(01-07-2018, 12:54 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: I didn't see the game.  I was training in Oklahoma, but followed the score as best I could.

Because chiefs
(01-07-2018, 12:10 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 11:52 AM)The_Jonas Wrote: Can anyone explain how Mariota didn't fumble the ball when DJ sacked him?

I can't, but I did see this morning that Jeff Triplette is retiring.  I'm guessing it was a "save your dignity so we don't have to fire you" move.

Remember when he blinded Orlando Brown by throwing a flag right at his face?

Dude should have been fired for that.  He either intentionally threw it at Brown's face, or he's maliciously stupid.  Brown was like 2 feet away and he baseball threw it right into his eye and ended the guy's career.  Has any other ref ended a player's career?

He's been a terrible ref for his entire career and he was graded so poorly this season he had no business officiating a playoff game.  He shouldn't have had the opportunity to retire.  Good riddance.
(01-07-2018, 12:57 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 12:54 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: I didn't see the game.  I was training in Oklahoma, but followed the score as best I could.

Because chiefs

Nailed it. 

There's no explaining this freaking team.  They can't win a home playoff game against anyone. 

If KC had a home playoff game and the NFL decided to troll them by sending the worst team in the entire NFL out against them, they'd find a way to lose.  Yes, I'm talking about Cleveland.

Because Chiefs.

It's not just that they lose, it's that they constantly snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.  No lead is safe from the Chiefs Chiefing things up.  I embrace the humor and inevitability of it, because it's the only way I can keep watching this team.  This is why they were damn near giving away tickets.

It's still a big improvement over the dark days of the Hermpire and Pioli's reign of terror.  Mahomes is the wildcard.  If he's as good as I think he is, it's going to reinvigorate me and this fanbase.
A few years ago I was watching a prime time game with a friend of mine that isn't a huge KC guy. It was against Denver and we looked really good in the first half and I believe playoff implications were on the line. We had a good lead and in the 3rd Denver drove the field and scored a td. I told my friend we were going to lose the game. He thought I was just being over dramatic and that all teams feel like they choke on big moments. I told him we were cursed. One quarter later after the chiefs blew their lead and I think JC fumbled he and his wife looked at me and said. Wow you guys are cursed.