Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Mitch Morse to IR
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/12/1...ed-reserve

Dammit.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
I think Fulton is as good at Morse.
(12-20-2017, 09:12 AM)DallasChief Wrote: I think Fulton is as good at Morse.

When Morse is at full power, Morse is way better than Fulton, IMO. I don't think Mitch was quite ready to come back when he did, and I think going to IR now proves that.

But Fulton is better at center than he is at guard.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him go elsewhere as a center.
Well something was wrong.  Since the switch we have a running game again
[Image: HG.gif]
(12-20-2017, 12:45 PM)HG Wrote: Well something was wrong.  Since the switch we have a running game again

Two things happened.

Morse was playing injured.

And Nagy simplified the playbook and went back to their strengths.
How do you know they simplified it?  Maybe they just were now able to do it right
[Image: HG.gif]
(12-20-2017, 03:53 PM)HG Wrote: How do you know they simplified it?  Maybe they just were now able to do it right

Because I've read that in multiple sources online...?

Andy handed Nagy play calling two games ago.

And what's changed in time?

VICTORY.

Big Grin
can't say for sure with stats and whatnot, but from the eye test I'd say the biggest change is getting Hunt back into the *passing* game.  He has been a lot more active there lately and it seems to have changed they way defenses are approaching him.  The O-Line is definitely working together better, but I think re-establishing him as a dual threat has made a big difference.

I still don't understand why he comes off the field in critical 4th quarter situations.  He is a capable pass-pro guy and can catch the ball too.  Not a knock on West, but get your best 11 on the field when trailing late in the 4th, no?
(12-20-2017, 04:56 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(12-20-2017, 03:53 PM)HG Wrote: How do you know they simplified it?  Maybe they just were now able to do it right

Because I've read that in multiple sources online...?

Andy handed Nagy play calling two games ago.

And what's changed in time?

VICTORY.

Big Grin

Simplified is a bad word, but I get what you mean.  Also..3 games ago. He called the Jets game too, which in spite of the loss was the game KC's offense turned the corner back to being dangerous.

KC is running plays rather than having 600 versions of single read gimmick screen plays, but there's something else.  KC started using more spread concepts since Nagy took over, and obv. Alex has a lot of experience in such an offense going back to college.  That helps a bit too, but that's not all.  

KC's offense has taken off since Nagy took over, but there's a simple reason that is the root of it all:  He designs the offense to pump the ball to Hunt, Kelce, and Reek.  KC has 3 elite skill players.  USE them.

Kelce is always open, Reek cannot be covered man to man down the field, and Kareem is a fantastic all around RB who dishes out more punishment than he recieves.  I'm going to miss Nagy next season when he's coaching the Colts.  I hope Reid is taking notes on how to properly call plays for this group of players.
(12-20-2017, 09:17 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(12-20-2017, 09:12 AM)DallasChief Wrote: I think Fulton is as good at Morse.

When Morse is at full power, Morse is way better than Fulton, IMO. I don't think Mitch was quite ready to come back when he did, and I think going to IR now proves that.

But Fulton is better at center than he is at guard.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him go elsewhere as a center.

yeah, I agree with this. 

Fulton has been far better than I expected.  Maybe it's not the position change as much as a player growing, but still... FAR better this year.  Not early on.  KC had blown protections every fucking passing play for the first 2-3 games he was directing traffic.

Morse, after he came back, was not playing well.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, since he was a probowl level center prior to that.