Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WEEK 15 Chargers @ Chiefs
I fell asleep watching the Cowboys / Raiders game. I woke up just in time to see the most hilarious finish to a game I could imagine. Raiders fans are feeling royally reamed right now. Probably pretty similar to how we felt after the Thursday night game there, except we weren't playing for our playoff lives then.

Also, my fantasy team won what was a surprisingly close game considering how ridiculous my score was. I've had over 140 points once that I can remember in 5 years in this league but I ended up with 160.9, easily the highest total of any one game all year. The other guy ended up with 142.5. Not exactly a nail biter, but still an impressive game for him as well, I think the 3rd highest score of anyone all season.
I loved the refs using the paper to measure for a first down. Although, I believe if they would have ruled for no first down, the Cowboys would have challenged and won. Prescott clearly reached the ball over the 40 and they marked it just short of the 40.

The ending was classic Raiders.  Carr knew he couldn’t reach the pylon, so in a last second of wisdom decided to flip the ball into the end zone and out of bounds for a safety.  Great way to lose.  The Raiders didn’t get screwed, now the Steelers did get screwed in their game.  If that was the Chiefs that lost that way, I would have gone ballistic.
(12-18-2017, 01:41 AM)warthog Wrote: I loved the refs using the paper to measure for a first down. Although, I believe if they would have ruled for no first down, the Cowboys would have challenged and won. Prescott clearly reached the ball over the 40 and they marked it just short of the 40.

The ending was classic Raiders.  Carr knew he couldn’t reach the pylon, so in a last second of wisdom decided to flip the ball into the end zone and out of bounds for a safety.  Great way to lose.  The Raiders didn’t get screwed, now the Steelers did get screwed in their game.  If that was the Chiefs that lost that way, I would have gone ballistic.

I think it was the right call in the Steelers game. He was falling immediately, so he needed to complete the process of the catch to the ground. The ball clearly moved as he had it against the ground, so it hit the ground without him having control. That same catch without the ball spinning right as he hits the ground would have been upheld.

I still would have been upset if it happened to the Chiefs, but it was the right call by the rules.
(12-16-2017, 10:28 AM)NOLA Wrote: It's gameday!  Any of you maniacs tailgating for 10-12 hours before kickoff?

Why yes. Yes we did
[Image: HG.gif]
(12-17-2017, 09:59 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(12-16-2017, 11:16 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: Peters gets an INT and then gets a forced fumble AND THEN makes a huge tackle to force a 4th down. He came up and made a tackle.

I guess the suspension did the trick.

MAN, it's gotta be nice to blow out a rival and get the job done in front of the fans in Arrowhead for the players and coaches.

HG, how was the energy in the stadium?

Very satisfactory.  A good showing
[Image: HG.gif]
(12-18-2017, 02:31 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 01:41 AM)warthog Wrote: I loved the refs using the paper to measure for a first down. Although, I believe if they would have ruled for no first down, the Cowboys would have challenged and won. Prescott clearly reached the ball over the 40 and they marked it just short of the 40.

I think it was the right call in the Steelers game. He was falling immediately, so he needed to complete the process of the catch to the ground. The ball clearly moved as he had it against the ground, so it hit the ground without him having control. That same catch without the ball spinning right as he hits the ground would have been upheld.

I still would have been upset if it happened to the Chiefs, but it was the right call by the rules.

I realize I'm just talking to myself right here, but I thought of a more succinct way to put this. If it wouldn't be called a catch in the open field at the 50 it isn't a catch in the end zone.
(12-18-2017, 05:10 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:

I realize I'm just talking to myself right here, but I thought of a more succinct way to put this. If it wouldn't be called a catch in the open field at the 50 it isn't a catch in the end zone.

Yes but if it was a run or a return it's a touchdown as soon the ball crosses the goal line. In my opinion, that should be a constant in the rules. If you have control as you cross the goal line it should be a touchdown.
(12-18-2017, 08:16 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 05:10 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:

Yes but if it was a run or a return it's a touchdown as soon the ball crosses the goal line. In my opinion, that should be a constant in the rules. If you have control as you cross the goal line it should be a touchdown.

You have to catch it. If you don't actually catch it, everything else is irrelevant and that is a constant in the rules even if there is a lot to consider regarding what is a catch. Officials on the other hand are not consistent in how they apply the rules, so it does add to people's ire understandably.

People are too emotionally attached to the image of him crossing the plane. I think there'd be less controversy on this play if he were in the end zone the entire play. Then they'd revert back to just trying to determine if he caught the ball first and foremost.

To be fair, I'm one of those assholes that says Dez didn't make that catch because you can see the damn ball hit the ground and move. More often than not I think most of these types of plays aren't catches, depending upon if you can actually see the ball hit the ground or move and how it was called on the field.