Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Dee Ford to IR
Was Percy Snow a big disappointment? I mean, he had a good rookie year and then got hurt in that scooter accident and then was never the same.
he never hit the field again.  I would say that was a disappointment.
[Image: HG.gif]
(12-11-2017, 10:50 AM)DallasChief Wrote: Was Percy Snow a big disappointment? I mean, he had a good rookie year and then got hurt in that scooter accident and then was never the same.

Maybe not as a person, but his career sure was.  

For Percy Snow more than anyone.
(12-08-2017, 04:37 PM)HG Wrote: Biggest disappointment since Percy Snow

I was going to say Ryan Sims, but I don't even think Ford was/is that bad.  Talk about all-time busts.
(12-11-2017, 09:27 PM)chiefsfaninky Wrote:

I was going to say Ryan Sims, but I don't even think Ford was/is that bad.  Talk about all-time busts.

Dwight Fuckin' Freeney, man.  We could have drafted Dwight Freeney.
(12-11-2017, 10:08 PM)NOLA Wrote:

But they already had Eric Hicks!!!!   Big Grin

Looking back I think the best player in the first round from 02 was Ed Reed.  In a do-over, I'd take Reed over Freeney.  I agree though, pass rusher was the #1 need on that defense and Freeney was an obvious pick to me at the time.  I've never been a fan of top 10 DT's.  It just seems like they rarely pan out or even come close to the hype.  If they really wanted a tackle, I remember John Henderson was there and that guy was an absolute beast for the jags.  Henderson was the better selection, because you can't teach a guy to be 6-7 and 330 pounds.

I remember a lot of talking draft heads attributing Julius Peppers's success to Ryan Sims in college.  Obviously not so much.
(12-12-2017, 01:30 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 10:08 PM)NOLA Wrote:

But they already had Eric Hicks!!!!   Big Grin

Looking back I think the best player in the first round from 02 was Ed Reed.  In a do-over, I'd take Reed over Freeney.  I agree though, pass rusher was the #1 need on that defense and Freeney was an obvious pick to me at the time.  I've never been a fan of top 10 DT's.  It just seems like they rarely pan out or even come close to the hype.  If they really wanted a tackle, I remember John Henderson was there and that guy was an absolute beast for the jags.  Henderson was the better selection, because you can't teach a guy to be 6-7 and 330 pounds.

I remember a lot of talking draft heads attributing Julius Peppers's success to Ryan Sims in college.  Obviously not so much.

In the moment, Freeney seemed like the obvious pick... desperate need for a pass rush, obvious talent there.  We had Woods and Wesley in 2002, and they were fan favorites if not Ed Reed.  With the benefit of 15 years to look back, yeah, you take Ed Reed.