Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dorsey named new Browns GM
(12-08-2017, 08:50 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 08:38 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 08:16 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 04:39 PM)HG Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 01:42 PM)NOLA Wrote: He's more likely to come for Mahomes.
I think your brain just stopped for a moment

1) It's been awhile since it started, I think;

2) This is not as dumb a comment as you make it out to be.  Alex is gonna be out of here and will likely have very little trade value, and Mahomes is the guy that Dorsey seemingly pinned his GM future on.  I don't think it's a stretch to think he'd make a play for him again, especially were the Chiefs organization to have soured on him for one reason or another this coming offseason/training camp.

Dorsey wasn't the Mahomes guy though.  It's been pretty well reported.  Dorsey didn't scout him.  Never interacted with him except on draft day.  Mahomes didn't even know Dorsey had been canned months afterwards.  Sure he was the GM, but he doesn't operate in a vacuum and he was on a short leash by the time the draft rolled around.  His firing may have been imminent at that point.

Ballard, Veach, and Reid were the guys in love with Mahomes, and apparently it goes back to his freshman season.

That's what I've seen reported anyway.

I did not know that.  I assumed Mahomes was Dorsey's guy.  Made it seem even weirder when he left... which I thought was because he couldn't come to contract extension terms with Clark, actually.  Everything I'm reading in this thread is very different than what I remember reading last summer.

I think Mahomes gives Andy Brett Favre boners.