Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Week 13 vs. Jets
This weekend I am putting up my holiday decorations.

I'll probably just put on KCFX and listen to it while I work.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
The Black Mold will be all over Arrowhead Sunday.
(12-03-2017, 07:47 PM)The_Jonas Wrote: Besides, we should be focused on tossing shade at Peters.  Dude is a total head case.  No way you extend him.  I know he's good (though not so much this year) but you don't date a crazy psycho just because she's hot.  I mean... you do for a while, but you gotta know when to cut the cord.

Kelce is damn near the same though. Remember him throwing his towel at a ref? Probably where peters got the idea. Can't get rid of one and keep the other. Get peters some help on D and he goes back to being a boss and will have less fits.
(12-04-2017, 05:11 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 07:47 PM)The_Jonas Wrote: Besides, we should be focused on tossing shade at Peters.  Dude is a total head case.  No way you extend him.  I know he's good (though not so much this year) but you don't date a crazy psycho just because she's hot.  I mean... you do for a while, but you gotta know when to cut the cord.

Kelce is damn near the same though. Remember him throwing his towel at a ref? Probably where peters got the idea. Can't get rid of one and keep the other. Get peters some help on D and he goes back to being a boss and will have less fits.
I'm not talking about the penalty.  I'm talking about him making a habit of leaving the field when the team is still playing.  

Peters has done that half a dozen times since KC drafted him, you just never noticed because Eric Berry was retrieving him before it became a big deal.  That's the kind of shit that got him kicked off his team in college.  Kelce has also reeled it in a bit, while Peters seems to be spiraling out of control.  Kelce gets dumb penalties, yes, but that's not the issue I"m focused on.

Not only that, but Kelce is the best TE in football, and Peters has a lot of issues and is wrapping up a pretty sub-par season.  

Plus, he's recently developed a refusal to tackle. I mean he wasn't a good tackler, but now he doesn't try.  Running to his edge is free yardage because aside from not tackling, he won't set a hard edge and engage blockers.  He's playing like a cupcake.  Romo was right.  Deion Sanders looks like Ronnie Lott in comparison to 2017 peters's tackling.

Kelce is the best tight end in football.  He gets dumb penalties, but he's not playing soft.  Not the same as Marcus Peters having complete meltdowns and bailing on his team.  After he came back to the field all he did was get into an argument with fans.  He's a fucking baby.    You can't give a nutjob like that a huge CB contract.  No freaking way unless he gets his shit together and grows the fuck up.

The peters thing shows no signs of resolving itself the way you think.  I'm not saying we cut him.  I'm saying don't give a head case the big money extension if he continues being an idiot.  AT this point he's as harmful to run defense as he is helpful to pass defense.  He's by far the best we have, which is all the more reason KC needs to focus on improving their secondary this off-season.  Both with free agent and rookie talent.
One thing about Peters this time is I believe he legitimately thought he was kicked out of the game. He came back to the sidelines according to what I heard.

But overall, like Jonas, I do find his actions and gameplay both easier to criticize than Kelce. I also totally agree that adding secondary help needs to be a priority, especially if we continue to use a ton of DBs regardless of if we have enough good ones left or if they're any good at that role.
(12-04-2017, 06:50 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: One thing about Peters this time is I believe he legitimately thought he was kicked out of the game. He came back to the sidelines according to what I heard.

But overall, like Jonas, I do find his actions and gameplay both easier to criticize than Kelce. I also totally agree that adding secondary help needs to be a priority, especially if we continue to use a ton of DBs regardless of if we have enough good ones left or if they're any good at that role.

I don't think he thought he was kicked out.

I think he was TRYING to get kicked out and expected to get kicked out.  They announce ejections.  When he showed up with no socks and was more concerned with cussing out Jets fans than watching the game, I think he made it clear.  NO matter what happened, he was done playing.  He got frustrated and quit.

Without Berry or Hali, this defense has no leadership.  Berry is the biggest loss because he's also the sparkplug.  The emotional leader.  He plays violent, but humble.  Passionate, but not stupid.  He sets the tone.  You know, on top of being completely awesome.
I think he thought he was ejected when the referee started talking to him as he was already walking toward the exit. It was clear he was already leaving but then had words with the ref and to me seemed as if he said ejected. I also agree that he was actively trying to get kicked out and should have been left in the locker room.

But I think he's proven to be a rare talent who needs help on defense (and emotionally) and a different scheme. Don't extend him until after the last year of his contract, sure but I think he'll be worth the money somewhere if not here.
(12-04-2017, 09:16 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: I think he thought he was ejected when the referee started talking to him as he was already walking toward the exit. It was clear he was already leaving but then had words with the ref and to me seemed as if he said ejected. I also agree that he was actively trying to get kicked out and should have been left in the locker room.

But I think he's proven to be a rare talent who needs help on defense (and emotionally) and a different scheme. Don't extend him until after the last year of his contract, sure but I think he'll be worth the money somewhere if not here.

They have got to get some CB talent this off-season.  It was obvious very early this wasn't a weakness you can cover with scheme.  They made Josh McCown look like an MVP.  With ford and Hali taking the whole season off (while eating up roster spots), the pass rush sucks.  

I mean KC NEEDS peters.  He's one of the few guys on D who plays with any passion, but he's cutting us with the other side of that sword.